Market Analysis Manager
Market Analysis Manager
Salary: £46,567 - £60,103
E.ON is a global provider of specialised energy solutions. We work hard to make the best deals possible and provide energy solutions for our customers.
Right now we’re looking to recruit an experienced Market Analysis Manager for a new team within our energy trading department. This new team has been specially created to support Business customers make the right choices when buying their energy. This is an exciting time to join a new and growing part of the business, and play a crucial role in helping customers to make the right decisions.
As Market Analysis Manager you will work closely with the client-facing Portfolio Managers to provide expert energy market advice to customers each day. You will also take part in workshops with customers to help them understand their risks and support them in creating a purchasing strategy that works for them. When required you will act as deputy to the Head of Sales Trading, and will take responsibility for increasing the overall market knowledge of the analysts within the team.
This is an exciting opportunity not just to join one of the world’s leading energy suppliers, but also to make an impact at the heart of our commercial business.
Here’s what you need to have:
- University degree or equivalent in an economic, financial or scientific field with significant post qualification experience in commodity markets.
- Strong numerical and advanced Excel skills to provide insight into market and economic movements and their impacts.
- Advanced modelling skills to include coding competence in one or more of VBA, Matlab, SAS OR the ability to understand and interpret these environments.
- Proven ability in providing the appropriate level and type of information to different audiences, with excellent presentation skills.
- Experience of the full energy value chain, with an appreciation of power generation economics and the global gas market.
It would be great if you had:
- Experience in using and gathering core economic and market data through a variety of sources e.g. Reuters, Trayport, Oxford Economics, LSE and being able to translate and assess its commercial impact.
- The drive to link specialist expertise to commercial gain for the business, and to clearly articulate relevant messages to the business.
- An expertise and keen interest in global economics, commodity markets and current affairs.
Here’s what we’ll give you in return:
- 26 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
- Generous pension scheme (with 2 for 1 contributions from E.ON up to 18%).
- Retail discounts and cashback.
- This role is located at Westwood, Coventry with some UK travel and occasional European travel.
- This role is a permanent position.
- Due to the nature of the roles a DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) check may be required.
- For more information on reasonable adjustments please click here.
What we offer
E.ON is committed to equal opportunities and actively promotes diversity, equality and flexibility.
E.ON is an international privately-owned energy supplier. In the 2014 financial year, our staff comprising in excess of more than 58,000 employees based in many countries in Europe as well as in Russia and North America generated sales of around EUR 112 billion. We have an ambitious objective: We want to be the preferred partner for high-value energy offerings for customers.
E.ON provides electricity and gas to millions of homes and businesses here in the UK. It’s incredibly complex work. It takes the talents of thousands of people to do what we do. Yet our vision is a simple one. We want to be the trusted energy partner for our customers. We’re doing that by making energy cleaner and simpler to understand. We’re also doing it by being genuinely helpful people and treating our customers fairly.