A: Purpose and Scope
* To music test all products that have been electrically tested by the Test team in accordance with Company procedures, and to carry out PAT testing on every unit.
* To finish off all units to a very high standard before placing in the appropriate packaging.
* To assemble packaging and manuals for all company products.
* To process orders for shipping as communicated by the Shipping Administrator and make ready for Carrier collection.
* Receive parcels from the Carrier deliveries.
* When time permits perform general maintenance work around the premises.
* To assist in other areas of the business to include Stores & Production.
* To carry out the above duties with regard to the Company's Health & Safety policies.
* Music testing of all units which are placed on the "packing rack", ensuring that the number of units on the rack is minimal at all times.
* Note each serial number following a music test and hand to shop floor manager for adding to the database
* Perform the PAT test on all units and record details in book.
* Thoroughly clean and then package unit in polythene bag then place in appropriate packaging and place on Finished Goods Shelves.
* Process Internal Orders when received from the Shipping Administrator, inserting appropriate cables before sealing the boxes.
* Pack into outer cartons, where Company procedures dictate.
* Palletise the boxes ready for shipping, where appropriate and affix the appropriate shipping labels. Obtain carrier's signature on collection.
* Record the sale of the unit by serial number within the individual Product books.
* Receive parcels from Couriers and sign for delivery having inspected that there is no damage and all parcels have been received.
* Stocktake quantity of finished goods items on a daily basis.
* Stocktake all packaging items on a monthly basis and indicate where more stocks need to be purchased.
* Maintain departmental procedures.
* Maintain good organisation and tidiness of the despatch area.
* Train other members of staff as appropriate.
* Other tasks of a maintenance nature as required form time to time, to include grass cutting and weeding, replacement of light bulbs etc.
Attention to detail
Manual Handling qualifications
Music Testing Training will be given on the job
PAT Testing Training will be given on the job
Previous experience of working within a music testing and packing environment would be beneficial.
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.