Business Development Manager - Contract Logistics
I'm looking for candidates who have experience as an Business Development Manager with experience in winning and prospecting clients in a supply chain or freight background; ideally building relationships at C-Suite level.
Our client is in a strong market position, which lies in the sea freight, air freight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a focus on value-added logistics solutions.
Develop, identify and qualify new business development opportunities through various lead sources including sales team members and relationship managers
- Work collaboratively with the senior sales staff to develop business strategies that are consistent with the national vertical market to maximise margins and increase revenue growth
- Develop a target account list and work proactively to assist the sales organisation to develop and secure customers globally
- Develop and implement sales plans and sales campaigns to take advantage of market opportunities (competitive developments and/or consolidation yield advantages)
- Build strategic relationships with key contacts within customer organisations to understand opportunities for creating value
- Partner with the business units/functions, sales, operations and management to develop implementation project plans
- Work with implementation teams on new projects to ensure customer expectations are communicated
Minimum seven to ten years related sales experience
- Demonstrated sales success and knowledge of sales concepts, methods and techniques
- Demonstrated success in developing sales plans, analysing profitability of prospects, and the ability to understand the competitive influences and risks associated with individual accounts
- Proven "business-to-business" sales experience in the contract logistics industry
Basic salary £50,000 - £70,000 + Bonus + Car