Business Manager (Executive assistant) - Leading Bank - Birmingham - £35k-£45k bonus/benefits
This high profile, exciting role is to provide a full range of administrative and commercial support to the Head of Analytics for UK Commercial Banking including operational administration, project support and assistance with personnel support as required ensuring deadlines are met.
The Business Manager will require a high level of expertise in all administrative activities including Microsoft applications, HR Direct System and other software and administrative tools in the service of the team. They may be preparing correspondences, reports, presentations for managers/executive's whilst also ensuring the management of meetings and event schedules.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide full administration/office support to the team, as required, anticipating workload and supporting with appropriate materials
- Manage line manager or team e-mails and inboxes as required - responding, prioritising and printing
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct
- Maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
- Gives support to their line manager and team at all times
- Works collaboratively with their immediate and wider team members
- Focuses on the end user - the banking customers at all times
- Individuals are responsible for their own effectiveness, development and results.
- Takes personal responsibility for understanding and agreeing performance expectations, completing the necessary mandatory training and developing the levels of capability and competence needed to be effective in the role.
- Suggest ideas and contribute to implementing actions that will improve customer service, quality or the way teams and individuals work together.
- Continuously monitor and gather information to assess potential impacts and identify possible risks and opportunities for the business.
- Apply policies, procedures, practices and standards to their allocated tasks, taking responsibility for their own actions, to ensure the achievement of high levels of quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the below experience and qualifications:
- Experience working in relevant market/context, i.e. Onboarding/Offboarding Processes,
- Past working experience in a relevant role, i.e. Administrative role, PA, office manager or secretarial role
- Experience of using relevant software packages, i.e. Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- A flexible and adaptable approach to change and will support others to respond in a similar way
- Self-awareness with confidence to work independently and take responsibility for own development
- Both spoken and written communication skills with experience of adapting your style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered
- Contributed productively to team objectives, sometimes supporting and sometimes leading activities to achieve shared goals
- Experience of planning and prioritising their own time effectively, aware of their responsibilities and committed to delivering these efficiently
- Supported project teams/managers, showing an understanding of the basic principles of project management
- Experience of building effective customer relationships which create customer advocacy.
This is an extremely exciting position to work with a top 4 bank where you will gain unrivalled knowledge and experience.