Learning & Development Manager 12 Months Mat Cover
National Express Group is a leading public transport operator with bus, coach and rail services in the UK, Continental Europe, North Africa, North America and the Middle East. Passengers made more than 921 million journeys on our services in 2016.
Our company have been recognised for our commitment to World Class Safety - receiving the British Safety Council's Sword of Honour for the second year running as well as achieving the Investors in People Silver Award 2015 - 2018.
We have a fantastic opportunity to join the Learning and Development team as an Learning & Development Manager! The successful candidate will support the team in designing and delivering exceptional management and leadership training programmes focused on behavioural change.
We are looking for a CIPD qualified, enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to work closely with the UK L&OD team to execute all learning interventions.
- Manage the implementation of multiple apprenticeship programmes
- Ensure apprenticeship programmes are delivered to a high quality and maintain high apprentice success rates, including ongoing quality assurance of all programmes
- Make sure apprenticeship training provider contractual expectations are met and adhere to ESFA regulations, including monitoring apprenticeship levy funds
- Design and deliver the on boarding and ongoing development programme for all UK graduates, ensuring the 18 month programme placements are organised and monitored
- Line management responsibility for the eDesign team, frontline training delivery team and indirect management of year 1 and 2 UK graduates
- Act as a business sponsor for key projects
- Work closely with management and leadership teams to identify and develop learning pathways
- Use team diagnostic, profiling and development tools to develop successful teams
- Engage stakeholders and develop excellent working relationships at all levels
- Manage external relationships with training providers
- Interpret psychometric and personality assessments
Experience and Qualifications:
- CIPD qualified
- Previous experience of designing and delivering Management and Leadership training
- High degree of competency and expertise with adult learning concepts, practices and procedures
- Strong facilitation skills
- High levels of focus, energy and drive
- Ability to thrive in a high pressure and fast-paced environment
- Outstanding communication skills
- Experience of managing relationships with training providers
- Flexible approach to working across multiple sites
- Computer literate
- 25 days annual leave
- Car allowance
- Free Bus and Coach travel
- Company pension
- Access to NX Health Bus
- Employee Assistance programme
- Variety of deals and discounts available through NX online portal
- Endless opportunities for progression within the business
You may also have experience in; L&D, training, coaching, inducting, apprenticeship design/delivery.