Quality Systems Manager
Quality Manager: An exciting and immediate position has become available at a Tier 1 engineering company in the West Midlands. The company specialises in machining and assembly and are currently looking to take on an experienced Quality Manager.
This will give a Quality Manager the chance to come into an established company and drive change throughout the company. They want a passionate individual who is looking to grow with a company and bring their expertise to make these changes happen.
The company have had a successful couple of years and are continuing to grow as a business. What they have identified is the need for Quality Manager to come in to help make sure the Quality of products are reaching the standards required by the customers and that there are procedures in place to make sure this is done correctly.
They are looking for a Quality Manager who has proven background in maintaining and managing a company’s QMS (ISO 9001) and someone who can bring the company up to IATF16949 standards. Candidates need to have Continuous improvement experience and have previously used different lean manufacturing techniques.
- Updating and Maintaining the company’s current QMS (ISO 9001)
- Drive systems and process improvements
- Lead continual improvement in all aspects of quality within the organisation
- Identify business improvement opportunities within the organisation
- Manage the internal audit team, including training and mentoring of internal auditors
- Set department objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports
- IATF 16949:2016 Lead Auditor would be an advantage but training can be provided
Key Skills required
- Qualified Internal Auditor - ISO9001
- Experienced in a manufacturing environment supporting the automotive sector.
Experienced in setting up / managing quality systems in an automotive manufacturing company.
- Management qualification / evidence of previous management experience
- Mechanical Engineering Degree (or equivalent)
- Good knowledge of lean and quality techniques
- Green / Black Belt Six Sigma trained (desirable)
- Use of Lean techniques- Kaizen, 5S, Root Cause
- Leadership Skills
- Excellent attention detail
- Confident in using Microsoft office
- Good Verbal and written communication