Process Engineering Manager
We are currently working with a prestigious Tier 1 Automotive manufacturer in recruiting a Process Engineering Manager for their Birmingham site. The successful candidate will lead a small team of manufacturing engineers, playing a key role in new product introduction, continuous improvement strategies and further technical support. This role will be well suited to someone who has a strong automotive background with a blend of hands-on engineering skills and leadership traits.
Our client is a leading automotive manufacturer that can boast a long-standing history of manufacturing in the West Midlands. With a number of changes to the way that projects and programmes are conducted, this represents an outstanding opportunity for a Process Engineering Manager to direct and lead a team who will add value in all areas of manufacturing.
- Effective management of changes to existing products whilst also taking lead for industrialisation of the new generation of products.
- Galvanise manufacturing engineering department with product design team to ensure cohesion through NPI procedures
- Embed a culture of ownership on site with goal of driving process controls to zero defects
- Assessment of equipment capability throughout manufacturing feasibility review.
- Leading team to develop and improve SOPs alongside quality control measures for site in order to maximise both qualitative and quantitative output from the manufacturing facility
- Provide direction for continuous improvement projects with particular focus on performance of site equipment across cycle time and scrap reduction
- Support maintenance team with trouble-shooting activities on more complex engineering issues
- Provide assistance in installation and start-up of new production lines
- Champion the relationship between engineering and plant operations on site to ensure high-quality product integrity
- Contribute to the creation and upkeep of process documentation
Whilst the successful Process Engineering Manager will ideally have worked in a managerial or supervisory role previously, candidates in Senior Engineering positions will also be considered.
- Degree in Engineering-related field is preferable
- Excellent capability for strategic planning on new product innovation
- Good relationship builder with internal and external customers
- Excellent grasp of lean principles; Six Sigma Green Belt/ Black Belt preferred
- Able to build cohesive working environment across a number of internal business functions
- Strong focus on training, development and up-skilling of direct reportees
Salary from £45,000 - £50,000 + package