Pathway Group is a Training Provider based just of the A45 in Tyseley. We specialise in providing apprentices with opportunities and support and also provide training to people throughout England both employed or out of work. We pride ourselves on the difference that we make to people lives and work hard to maintain our reputation. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experience generalist HR professional to join our business as our HR Manager.
The main purpose of the Human Resources Manager role is to provide support and guidance to all management within the organisation in relation to strategic planning and forecasting, employment law, legislation and all other queries in relation to staff rights and responsibilities. To oversee the end to end employee relationship alongside relevant line managers and to support in the controlling, creating and updating of company policy and procedure. You will also be working alongside our HR Administrator who will be supporting you by acting as first line filter to all staff and taking responsibility for day to day administration and compliance.
Key Responsibilities will include
- Assisting line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures.
- Promoting equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organisation.
- Liaising with line managers in relation to staff performance and health and safety.
- Recruitment cycle - this includes developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, short-listing, interviewing and selecting candidates.
- Developing and implementing policies relating to working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence management.
- Undertaking regular salary reviews where required.
- Liaising with trade union representatives and employment law specialists.
- Administering payroll/expenses and maintaining employee records
- Interpreting and advising on employment law
- Supporting line managers in dealing with grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures.
- Planning and delivering inductions for new staff.
- Analysing training needs in conjunction with departmental managers.
- Supporting the company through various inspections, i.e. Ofsted, matrix and IIP.
- Managing staff reduction levels at times of low work.
- Promoting the use of new technologies such as online intranet portals (Pathway Direct) for other staff members to access forms, policies and access to online e learning.
- Supporting companywide communication using various means of mediation, group email, pathway direct, company newsletter etc.
- Regular attendance of management, quality and strategic planning meetings
- Monitoring staff absences, i.e. holiday, sickness, maternity etc.