HR & Payroll Officer
Fantastic opportunity for a professional and friendly HR & Payroll Officer to join a well-established and leading Optical business based in Tyseley on a 12 month Fixed-term contract. You will be responsible for providing proactive business support of line managers during absence management processes and to complete payroll requirements, including the preparation and processing of the monthly payroll. The responsibilities of the HR & Payroll Officer will include:
- Working with the HR Manager and HR Advisor, ensure that the recruitment process from start to finish is managed in a professional and timely manner.
- To produce reports and ad-hoc HR information as required.
- Maintain the HR and Payroll records and keep the HR intranet, website and notice board up to date.
- To support the co-ordination and management of the payroll interface by collating and managing information to produce timely payroll inputs.
- Use the Kaizen to identify and implement improvements for HR and Payroll.
- To oversee the recording, reporting, and processing of information and procedures relating to benefits and end of month payments in an accurate and timely manner.
- Train and coach managers to improve their line management capability.
- Respond to queries from the payroll provider, payroll recipients and managers regarding payments and liaise with the relevant parties to resolve.
- Working closely with the HR Manager and the HR advisor support the generalist HR activities as necessary, managing all activities within the employee life-cycle from on boarding to leaving the business, such as recruitment, disciplinary, grievances, flexible working requests, and other relevant generalist activities.Skills required:
- Excellent organisational skills
- Associate/CIPD Level 3 or 5
- Previous experience of working within HR and/or payroll.
- Ability to work under pressure, ensuring maximum efficiency.
- Communication Skills, you will need to write and speak clearly, easily communicating complex ideas.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Can do helpful attitude required
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent Time Management
- Flexible and approachable
20 hours a week, 4 hours per day. £12.50 per hour
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80965555