Materials Innovation Engineer
If you’re looking for a new role where you’ll be pivotal in taking innovation to the next level, this is opportunity is for you!
Our name is no accident – We are Ideal Standard.
Ideal Standard International is one of the world's leading providers of high-quality bathroom solutions. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do, and wherever we are, our aim is always the same: to enable people to create beautiful bathrooms in residential, commercial and industrial spaces.
We are now recruiting an Innovation Engineer (Ceramic Products) to join our Innovation Team based in Armitage. This is a truly exciting role where you will have the opportunity to contribute significantly to innovation projects
Key responsibilities as Innovation Engineer will include:
- Manage own R&D projects and contribute to other projects in the innovation pipeline
- Project Management / Project Coordination of the own projects with all parties like: PM, Marketing, Engineering, Manufacturing or suppliers, securing quality, time and cost.
- Exploring innovation internally and externally
- Own research area with clear targets and risk evaluation
- Work with the Legal department for the IP research / protection and competitor analysis
- Conduct analysis, interpret results together with the project teams and provide insight into project obstacles and opportunities for future implementation
- Define assessments for new products and technologies
- Organisation of field tests and comparisons with competition
- Using PAP as a comparison tool for our competitiveness
- Actively contribute to the innovation ideation process
Ideally we are looking for candidates who possess the following experience:
- Degree: Engineering, Material Science
- Proven track record of work experience in an engineering environment
- Project Management capabilities
- Ability to understand the market needs and implement solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate across all levels within the organisation
- Demonstrate Leadership capabilities
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80953349