Supplier Development Engineer
This is an outstanding opportunity for a Senior Supplier Development Engineer to join a globally recognised FTSE 250 Manufacturer based in Staffordshire. This is a brand new position created to help add further rigour to NPI and problem resolution standpoints with an over-arching focus on improving OTIF throughout the group. The successful candidate will have worked across Engineering or Manufacturing, strong experience across Supplier Quality & educated to degree level.
Our client is a FTSE 250 globally recognised Manufacturer based in Staffordshire. The business is looking to further develop their systems and processes throughout the supply chain to bolster group performance. Consequently, the business has created a new position within their organisation to bolster their Supplier Quality function. On offer is the chance to work for a global business, significant opportunities for progression and full training and development.
- Take full leadership of supplier development activities from initial prioritisation of needs onwards
- Bolster supplier selection process
- Provide full assessment of new and existing suppliers to meet expected metrics of cost, quality, OTIF of product
- Assess supplier systems across QMS
- Take lead on supplier improvement activities through full utilisation of strong lean and continuous improvement toolkit
- Provide leadership through APQP, PPAP in addition to VA/VE support
- Implementation of containment actions of any identified parts quality issue
- Steering the supplier through the problem solving process and to challenge proposed solutions using product knowledge and in depth knowledge of quality tools
- Complete documentation and maintain departmental procedures, QA records, samples and historic data.
- Supporting supplier visits to verify effective problem resolution when required
- Degree qualified
- Experience in supplier development within Manufacturing or Engineering
- Comprehensive knowledge of APQP, PPAP and FMEA
- Strong knowledge of problem solving tools
- Ideally Six Sigma Green Belt certified
- Understanding of technical drawings
- Exceptional communicator, well-established in quickly building relationships with suppliers and internal business functions
£50,000 - £55,000 + benefits
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80961467