Staffline are looking for a Transport Clerk to join team at our prestigious client's site based in Fradley Park, Lichfield. You will ensure that all transport related administration is completed as per the requirements of the site.
The main responsibilities are to monitor and administrate freight collections and deliveries, whilst working flexibly, liaising with customer to ensure customer satisfaction. Also to ensure accurate data is entered into the system, and log all special requests with detail and efficiency. This is a demanding role and you will be working alongside our client within a busy transport office.
You will be required to work from Monday to Friday between 09:00 and 17:00, however, some flexibility will be needed at the start of the job.
Main accountabilities to include but not be limited to:
- Maintain & update data on company systems
- Ensure shipping process is carried out in line with the company's processes & quality procedures
- Prepare required paperwork for suppliers and customer including chasing any missing paperwork
- User of in-house TMS system
- Ensure Compliance to Standard Operating Procedures (SLA's)
- Good Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Complies with the DHL Supply Chain code of conduct and any other related or relevant procedures
- Relationship Adherance
- Ensuring accurate information and Paperwork is gathered from Customer and supplier in line with process
- Liaising with hauliers, and sourcing information efficiently
The ideal candidate will have the following skill base:
- Computer literate and competent with a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, good keyboard skills
- Have office experience in a EU transport operation
- Have a good knowledge of geography
- Be able to communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Be able to work under pressure
- Numeracy skills
- Good attention to detail
- Be open to flexibility with working hours for the start of the employment process
- Freight forwarding experience would be a bonus, but not 100% essential, as would the ability to / experience of data analysis
- Communication, forward planning and negotiation skills
Full training will be provided.
What we offer;
The salary will be circa £20,000 - £22,000 per annum - depending on experience. Position is available immediately.
INTERESTED? APPLY NOW by sending your C.V and contact details, quoting "Transport Clerk".
We look forward to hearing from you.
Interviews will be held immediately