Purchase Ledger Clerk
Robert Half Finance and Accounting are recruiting a Purchase Ledger Clerk to join a large manufacturer in Warwick
You will be responsible for:
- Record and process purchase and sales invoices in a timely manner ensuring they are correctly authorised and accurately posted and coded to the correct ledgers.
- Operate secondary switchboard and provide cover where required.
- Reconcile supplier statements on a monthly basis prioritising suppliers for the month end close. Ensure action is taken to rectify any debit balances and allocate payments.
- Review blocked items list on a regular basis and investigate unpaid invoices on the ledger.
- Resolve queries raised by suppliers in a timely fashion.
- Process cash expenses and credit card statements recording VAT correctly and progress any overdue statements not returned.
- Process purchase invoices and expenses with and without purchase orders.
- Prepare inter-company statements providing details of costs to be recharged and journal inter-company recharges on the ledger accurately.
- Produce monthly cost analysis and other month end schedules for management - e.g. analysis of professional fees, travel and entertaining expenses.
- Additional duties in line with your role that may be required from time to time.
- Bank reconciliations
- General administration duties
Required skills / experience:
- Previous purchase and sales ledger experience working in a finance office dealing with multiple cost centres.
- Experience with computerised accounting systems and electronic purchase order systems.
- Microsoft Office Excel skills
- Ability to prioritise and work to calendar determined deadlines.
- GCSE English and Math's (grade A-C) or level 2 equivalent.
- Ability to communicate confidently and competently both within the company and with suppliers.
Job Type: Full-time Temporary
Salary: £9.00 - £12.00 PH DOE
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms:https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80956768