Maintenance Manager - Technical Services
Company Profile: Our client has been a manufacturer of diesel engines and power solutions for over 75 years, to the highest levels of performance and reliability. They have grown to become one of the leading suppliers of diesel and gas engines in the power solutions market.
Job Location: Staffordshire
Job Position: Maintenance Manager - Technical Services
Job Status: Permanent
An opening has become available for an experienced maintenance professional to join our client's Technical Services team. This is an exciting opportunity to lead & develop the Technical Services maintenance team, & to support future projects and assignments.
This is a leadership level role within the Technical Services organisation. The successful candidate will have experience of leading experienced manufacturing personnel, will be a recognised expert in the maintenance & improvement of manufacturing equipment & automation, and will have significant experience of managing production maintenance activities within existing manufacturing process streams, ensuring that a robust maintenance program is operated.
Other responsibilities include providing technical support for new test equipment, paint application processes, manufacturing automation & robotics, equipment, tooling & gauging, managing third party service providers, training & development of maintenance team members to industry recognised standards, ensuring safe working practices are employed during all maintenance activities, managing regulatory compliance, creating & maintaining maintenance procedures & ensuring key competences are met, representing Technical Services in key forums (quality reviews, production meetings, project teams, task force activities).
- A self-starter with strong technical leadership skills.
- An Engineering, Technical or Science degree or relevant experience.
- Applicants MUST have extensive experience of machining and manufacturing processes gained whilst working for an industrial or manufacturing organisation.
- Excellent Analytical skills, able to interpret complex technical date and make recommendations.
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively at all levels within the business, as well as with customers and suppliers.
- Decision making ability.
- Strong communication & customer management skills.
- Previous experience using project management systems.
- Previous experience of preventative maintenance scheduling systems.
- A practical understanding of failure analysis & problem-solving tools & techniques.
- MS Excel and MS Project skills.
- Ensuring optimum availability of manufacturing, test & paint equipment & production facilities in support of changing production requirements utilising proactive planned maintenance & predictive techniques (condition monitoring, reliability-centred maintenance etc.).
- Coordinating release and availability of machines, equipment and facilities to enable scheduled maintenance activities to be completed.
- Directly working with other teams and suppliers, requires that the successful candidate demonstrates skill in negotiation, building consensus and achieving compromise to agree deliverables and milestones.
- Representing their function in key forums such as forums (such as quality reviews, production meetings, project teams, task force activities).
- Evaluating new manufacturing equipment & facilities to ensure maintainability.
- Establishing standards and working with other teams to resolve problems related to process, tooling & equipment availability.
- Providing input & support for major systems and equipment installations.
- Implementation & development of modern manufacturing / lean manufacturing tools & techniques within the technical services maintenance function.
- Manning& equipment budget management to assure customer expectations are met whilst achieving functional and cost targets.
- Adhering to established standards, policies and practices relating to quality, cost reduction, safety, ergonomics and affirmative action.
- Identifying & implementing training, development and motivation for a staff capable of completing objectives and implementing facility efficiency improvement projects and meeting the requirements of the manufacturing process.
Salary: £50K - £60K (D.O.E)
Benefits: 25 days annual leave, 18% bonus, £6960 Car Cash Allowance, Childcare vouchers, Contributory Pension Scheme - The company will double your contribution up to 10% Contributory share scheme - The company will match your contribution by 50%
Relocation: May be supported with this role
Sponsorship: Not supported with this role
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80965892