EBD Teaching Job in Dudley
EBD TEACHING JOB IN DUDLEY
In need of a teacher to work on a long term basis in Dudley. You will be working in a KS2-KS5 school that caters for children with emotional behavioural difficulties. They are looking for both primary and secondary qualified teachers that have experience of working either in a mainstream or a special school that have had experience of working with these types of pupils or have a strong desire to.
"WHAT ARE THE CHARACTERISTICS/ SYMPTOMS OF EBD?"
- Disruptive, anti-social and aggressive behaviour;
- Poor peer and family relationships;
- Hyperactivity, attention and concentration problems.
"WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF EBD?"
A child with EBD will usually have their behaviour categorised into recognisable disorders, such as one of the following:-
- Adjustment Disorders. A child suffering from an Adjustment Disorder may have witnessed a stressful event or had a big change in their normal lifestyle. This could then have an adverse reaction on their behaviour and the child may become prone to truancy, vandalism, or fighting.
- Anxiety Disorders. A child suffering from an Anxiety Disorder may be prone to frequent panic attacks. Here the child may complain of physical symptoms such as headaches or stomach aches. The child may also display inappropriate emotional responses, such as outbursts of laughter or crying out of context
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder ('OCD'). A child suffering from EBD may also have an Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD). Here the child can display recurrent and persistent obsessions or compulsions. Behaviours may include repetitive hand washing, praying, counting, and repeating words silently.
If you're interested in this role or a career within special schools - please email an updated CV and I will call you back immediately.