UK General Manager - Plumbing and Industrial Sectors
This is a home based role, with the Midlands/Northwest being the ideal location.
Are you a SeniorSales & Marketing Manager or General Sales Manager experienced in operating within a multi-national Plumbing orIndustrial manufacturing & distribution environment?
Do you have flair for influencing sales & marketing initiatives for premium brands and driving commercial activities through developing robust strategic sales & marketing plans?
Are you hands-on, capable of delivering initiatives independently?
If your answer is yes, read on as this could be the opportunity you have been looking for….
Executive Salary + Car + Excellent Performance linked Benefits + Bonus
A developing UK brand which is now part of a Global leading tool manufacturer requires a General Manager with a strong Sales & Marketing bias to steer their product development and distribution business across the UK. We are looking to recruit a charismatic sales & marketing leader with the ability to drive profitable sales & marketing initiatives into primarily the Plumbing and Heating distribution market with the potential to reach additional big box distributor & industrial markets.
Reporting to the Managing Director this is a Senior Management remit, with a proposed succession plan into the MD position and focuses heavily on developing strategic plans to grow both sales revenue and profitability through product line expansion, brand equity development and market share acquisition.
- Responsibility for the sales & marketing initiatives into the Plumbing and Heating distribution market.
- Manage the marketing function within budget and develop marketing strategies to grow target markets.
- Oversee purchasing through to supply chain and finance, utilising the service support provided by the relevant Owner Group departments.
- Enthusiastically introduce new products and new product technology to market, maximising both exposure and distribution into all regions.
- Devise and implement new business development plans to grow strategic customers, creating engaging business proposals that enable successful tenders and profit streams, negotiating retrospective rebate schemes that encourage healthy volume business growth aligned with group profit benchmarks.
- Take ownership for developing sales with key customers and groups working in tandem with key account and area sales managers to grow targeted accounts.
- Management, leadership and motivation of the Field Sales Team.
- Development of pricing strategies that optimise & harmonise sales revenue and margin.
- Report on company performance against budget to Board Directors. Deploy corrective actions when and where necessary.
- Monitor and track competitor activity assessing weakness, strengths, opportunities and threats.
- Maintain an exceptional knowledge of the market and current trends.
- Track and report on the company’s performance and positioning of the company in the market.
- Overseas travel may be required to visit key suppliers.
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate will have experience of operating in a senior sales & marketing or commercial management capacity within the plumbing or industrial OEM or distribution markets.
Preferably you will have significant exposure to and experience in and of:
- Handling complex and multi-tiered sales distribution platforms.
- Product sourcing & new product development.
- Building product brand equity within selected markets.
- Trade negotiations with buying groups and trade distributors / large wholesale operations.
- Experience of handling a major OE premium brand and key elements associated with selling value-added concepts for premium priced products.
- Developing and producing compelling marcomms.
- High exposure to complex pricing strategies and retrospective rebates.
- Gravitas to positively influence senior industry figureheads and customers at all levels.
- Ability to influence internal business functions, in particular sales, marketing and pricing personnel.
- Experience of analysing, assessing and utilising/manipulating large amounts of data & information.
- 1st class people skills able to motivate and work with an experienced Group sales & marketing division.
- Financially robust with excellent commercial expertise and aptitude.
- Strategic and visionary outlook.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent financial expertise / analytical skills.
- Excellent organisation and delegation skills.
- Exceptional motivational qualities, both personal and with team members.
- Resilience and tenacity under pressure.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Hands-on aptitude.