Lead Engineer - FPGA £60,000 benefits - Worcestershire
Lead Engineer / Principal Engineer (FPGA/VHDL)
PERMANENT, FULL-TIME, UP TO £60,000 + benefits , WORCESTERSHIRE
Due to a growing team there is a vacancy for a Senior FPGA Engineer (field-programmable gate array) to join a Global Defence Technology & Security Organisation, within their Engineering & Operations business.
This is a fantastic opportunity to lead and be part of high profile and mission critical projects and programmes.
- Lead a team of FPGA/ VHDL design engineers and developers
- Contribution throughout all stages in the specification, design, development, integration, test and certification, fielding and support of navigation and cryptographic devices, following a rigorous engineering lifecycle.
- Specify and develop FPGA/ASIC solutions.
- Interact with other engineers working in multi-disciplinary teams to deliver products and customer solutions.
- Accountability for PDA of all hardware related activities
- Rapid learning of current military-specific and civil secure technologies in support of research and products.
- Innovation in the application/integration of digital hardware technologies to build novel secure systems.
- Communicating ideas with multiple stakeholders and customers, at all levels, technical, non-technical and management.
- Good degree in electronics, electrical engineering or similar or equivalent directly applicable experience. (Higher degree related to signal processing preferred).
- Proven experience of working in a rigorous engineering environment using configuration management and change management processes/tools.
- Proven knowledge and experience of specification, design and implementation of complex firmware solutions in all applicable technologies.
- Proven experience of design and implementation of high-speed digital processing solutions and systems in FPGA including system-on-chip, embedded processors, high speed interfaces (e.g. Ethernet) etc.
- Experience of device specification and selection.
- Proven ability to architect, design and implement firmware solutions.
- Proven ability to write and debug VHDL.
- Proven ability to prepare and implement test and verification for FPGA/ASIC including defining test plans, test benches, automated testing.
- Experience using FPGA design tools including ModelSim, Synplify, ISE (including Chipscope).
- Experienced in CPLD and FPGA development (e.g. VHDL, Xilinx, Spartan, Virtex and Coolrunner-II) including detailed design, implementation, test, verification.
- Proven experience of product 'bring-up' and testing. Ability to define and execute appropriate test plans.
- Knowledge of TEMPEST and EMC, including an understanding of the EMC/TEMPEST test and certificate procedures.
- Experienced in embedded software development (C, C++, assembler).
- Experience of working on high control projects
The successful candidates will need to undergo Ministry of Defence security clearance to SC level and ideally you will be happy to go to DV in the future. Due to the nature of the projects and systems you have access to, you will also need to be a British citizen to be considered.
How to apply
If you are interested in becoming our next Senior FPGA and you meet the specification requirements, apply online today to be considered for an interview!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80969012