Assistant Operations Accountant (9 ms FTC)
Our name is no accident. We are Ideal Standard!
We have an exciting new opportunity to join us as Assistant Accountant - Manufacturing, on a 9 month fixed term contract. This is a fantastic opportunity for somebody about to finish their Accountancy exams or looking to expand their skillset and develop their Accountancy career.
The role supports the Plant Controller in delivering all aspects of management reporting and performance analysis for the Armitage Ceramics plant in an exciting time for the business as our structure changes and demand and activity increases.
Employing 350 people and outputting around 1.5 million pieces of high quality ceramic sanitary ware a year, the operations management team rely on accurate and timely information to achieve challenging financial targets.
Whilst having a close relationship with the Plant Controller, this role is expected to support the delivery of a wide range of financial analysis and planning to several stakeholders, including the Plant Manager, UK Senior Operations Controller, and European Head of Manufacturing Finance.
The candidate will be able to manage a demanding workload, achieving deadlines whilst retaining accuracy and quality of presentation. In time, they will be developed in order that they operate with a minimum level of direct supervision and are able to manage their own time efficiently.
Duties will include:
- Preparation of monthly management reports with clear explanation of deviations from target performance.
- Preparation of monthly accruals and prepayments
- Full capex cycle, capex forecasting, project approval, project monitoring and analysis for capitalisation.
- Standard costing and allocating cost to the manufacturing of products
- Preparation of rolling forecasts and annual budgets.
- Maintenance of SAP product standard cost information and costing of new products.
- Monitoring inventory levels and investigating inventory discrepancies.
- Part Qualified CIMA, ACCA / QBE
- Creative thinker with an outward looking approach to solving problems
- 2 years’ experience working in a Manufacturing Accounting Function ideally
- Looking to progress your career
- Product costing experience or Full capex cycle.
- SAP, SAP BW, Cognos, Excel emphasising data manipulation and clarity of presentation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage a demanding workload.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80953522