Senior Project Manager Building Services & Interior Fit Out
Capstone are working with an International provider of real estate, building services, facilities management and construction consultancy services to the built environment. To facilitate the growth of their Projects division, there is now a requirement for a Senior Projects Manager to join their Birmingham office and lead the delivery of mechanical, electrical, building fabric and fit-out projects across a multi-client, multi-site portfolio.
The Senior Project Manager will be work in a client-facing, principal contracting capacity, and be fully accountable for managing the project management process throughout the complete lifecycle.
- Liaise with key stakeholders and explain feasibility of their schemes, becoming a trusted advisor.
- Work with developers, designers and sub-contractors to define the scope of works.
- Develop the full scope of works in line with the desired project business case, and in turn outcome.
- Manage and draw-up tenders on behalf of the customer, and carry out full tender analysis of all sub-contractor returns.
- Work within the current CDM process, taking on the role of principle contractor.
- Identify, reduce and manage all statutory and commercial risks associated with the projects.
- Ensure QHSE practices and processes are fully embedded in each project.
- Ensure full compliance with project management policies and procedures.
- Manage the day-to-day operational aspects of the projects 'end to end', and support in business development, estimating, quantity surveying, sub-contractor management and site management duties.
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the projects.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current and appropriately stored.
- Build strong effective working relationships with our customers and site teams.
- Build a pipeline of supply partners with the correct approvals in conjunction with the central procurement team.
- Identify and develop a short/medium and long-term pipeline of Project opportunities from the portfolio of customers within the Sector.
- Full accountability for the P&L on each project.
- Ensure that all financial objectives are met.
- Ensure the projects are commercially viable and satisfy the commercial terms of the contract.
- Ensure all projects are managed through Company policies and procedures in relation to commercial activities.
The Project Process
- Define and understand the scope of work to meet the customer's specification.
- Competitively price the works whilst returning expected profit margins.
- Review all pre-construction information and implement a construction phase plan.
- Engage with sub-contractors under the correct commercial terms.
- Define the project plan and programme to deliver the works.
- Appraise all sub-contractor RAMS to make sure that they are suitable and sufficient
- Set up the QHSE processes and make sure they are monitored.
- Ensure all variations to the works are captured, costed and claimed for.
- Make sure all O&M manuals are complete and available prior to practical completion.
- Close out all final accounts with both the customer and all those in the supply chain.
- Recognised technical qualification in construction, mechanical, electrical or similar
- CDM regulations, IOSH Managing Safely and/or SMSTS
- Project Management experience in an M&E, FM, construction or fit out environment
- Recognised qualification in Project Management and fully competent with Project Management methodology
- Broad understanding of construction Health and Safety law and legislation
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80964470