We are recruiting an excellent position for a days based Maintenance fitter to work for a FTSE 250 Manufacturer based in Walsall. With significant growth on the horizon, this represents a great opportunity for candidates with multi-functional Engineering knowledge, an understanding of pneumatics and hydraulics alongside basic electrical qualifications. The successful candidate can expect full autonomy and opportunities throughout the Group.
Our client is a globally recognised FTSE 250 Manufacturer based in Walsall. With an international reach and sites across the UK this is a chance to join with a global business that is buoyant in the market with an ever-expanding order book. The successful candidate will have a chance to progress up the career ladder and have full autonomy in the role as a Maintenance Fitter.
Reporting directly into the Engineering Manager this role will be responsible for both mechanical and electrical maintenance on site.
* Providing plant wide maintenance service, departmental support and mechanical repairs ensuring that all production targets are maintained.
* Monitor & supply Engineering support of machine set-up & changeovers to ensure that the product conforms to any quality assurance standards and ensuring changeovers are as efficient as possible.
* Daily liaison with the duty Production Manager/Engineering Manager to ensure that all production maintenance requirements are undertaken.
* As a member of the Engineering team promote the development and implementation of the Factory PPM system.
* Design, fabrication and machining of parts and structures to service the needs of the business.
* As a member of the engineering department applying rigorous application of TPM Tools & Techniques to generate Continuous Improvement throughout all areas of the Factory.
* Recognised Engineering Apprenticeship & Qualification.
* Flexible & self motivated working attitude.
* Numerate & literate.
* Team working attitude.
* Pneumatics, hydraulics and welding skills.
* High degree of Health & Safety awareness.
* Ability to fault find, repair and provide solutions to problems.
* Experience of working in a TPM or similar environment.
* Basic Electrical skills/Qualifications.
£26,000 - £27,000 + bonus, pension etc
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80961427