I'm currently recruiting for an Accounting Officer on behalf of my client based in Walsall. This is a fantastic opportunity for a finance professional to take a step up into a Assistant Accountant position with a recognisable brand.
My client is a well know public sector organisation, highly regarded within Walsall. They are based in a great location in Walsall City Centre close to public transport links and easily accessible parking.
The role is very varied and allows exposure to management accounts, business partnering and financial accounts. The successful Assistant Accountant will support and report to the Business Partners of the organisation. The main duties will consist of the following:
- Prepayments and accruals
- Supporting month end
- supporting year end
- Supporting management accounts
- Assisting in budget preparation, financial accounts and budget monitoring
- Assist in the provision of appropriate financial management information to all managers and external agencies
- Finance administration
The successful Assistant Accountant will possess the following skills:
- Previously worked within a similar role previously
- Be AAT Qualified or studying
- Be at a intermediate or advanced level with Excel
- Be able to self manage
Up to £31,000 + Benefits + Study Support