As one of the UK’s leading Waste Management & Recycling companies, DS Smith Recycling provide and deliver sustainable recycling and waste management services to all business from National Companies to SME’s. We have a fantastic opportunity for an administrator to join the Birmingham Depot.
The successful candidate will be working within the Depot to undertake associated day-to-day administration duties for the branch, providing administration support to the Branch Manager and Team Leaders. You will need to balance the demands of a busy workload, in a pressurised environment, and be able to prioritise your workload, to meet the business deadlines.You will be responsible for the operation and administration of the weighbridge, processing all transactions through company PC based systems, working to company standards and procedures.
• General administration duties; call handing, respond to e-mails, scanning and photocopying.
• Weighbridge operation and related administration.
• Dealing with a multitude of enquiries quickly and efficiently.
• Ensure all spreadsheets for Customers, Vendors and Hauliers or DS Smith Departments and updated daily or as required.
• Produce all month end reports and spread sheets as per month end timetable.
• Provide an excellent level of customer service to both internal and external customers
• Maintain Personnel files in line with company procedure.
• Take notes for Branch meetings, typing up notes taken accurately and dealing with all information and documentation confidentially.
• Any other ad hoc duties as and when they come in.
• GCSE standard or equivalent in literacy and numeracy
• IT literate - High level of Excel skills is essential, along with ability to use Microsoft Office packages
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to 'think on their feet’.
• Strong administration background within a high pressurised environment.
• The ability to work with people at all levels.