Senior Design Engineer
We are currently recruiting for a fantastic Senior Design Engineer opportunity at a world leading Birmingham-based manufacturer. With a high-end product supplied into a number of prestigious automotive OEMs locally and abroad, the business is looking for a highly competent Senior Design Engineer with a strong grasp of Solidworks to work on modification and new design work for a booming order book.
The business is a global leader in the supply of high-end components. With significant investment in new equipment and production lines, the business is moving through a period of substantial growth in both automotive and manufacturing industries. This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Design Engineer to gain involvement in all aspects of NPI work and customer-interface.
This position is responsible for professional mechanical design work involving a considerable degree of originality, ingenuity and skill in designing highly complex machined products. The Senior Design Engineer will be responsible for creating complex drawings to world class standards and require high levels of skill with Solidworks.
- 2D/ 3D modelling in Solidworks
- Providing changes to existing drawings where required, including those to non-CAD drawings
- Interpret 3D models provided by customers and suppliers to assess feasibility
- Undertake appropriate analysis to prove suitability of mechanical designs
- Produce engineering detail drawings and other associated documentation
- Liaise with other departments to ensure complex technical solutions are met in a production environment
- Work closely with engineering to provide new product design and development projects
- Exceptional knowledge of Solidworks
- Degree qualification in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Ideally will have a background working on projects for automotive OEMs
- Excellent communication skills and high level of professionalism when dealing with customers and suppliers
- Proven ability to execute a design from concept through final production models and drawings
Salary from £40,000 - £45,000
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80962649