We are currently working in partnership with a reputable business with a strong heritage as they look recruit a Product Engineer for their manufacturing and production site South of Birmingham. The business is going through a significant growth period and, as such, are looking for a Product Engineer to provide further support with new product development as well as legacy product improvement. Product Engineer candidates from a design background looking for a wider project remit will be most suitable.
Our client is a leading manufacturer in its field supplying into a number of industry sectors with diverse product applications. The business has received a number of new contracts from both long-standing customers and new accounts and, as such, require additional support within their engineering function to new product development and legacy product improvement is carried out in accordance with wider business plans.
- Part development to meet specification requirements for all dimensional aspects of the product
- NPI project support for new and existing products
- Work with customers on specifications to aid with manufacturing feasibility or products
- Development of new and existing products to reduce scrap, re-work and cost to manufacture
- Work with customers on design specifications to improve manufacturability of product
- Degree in engineering field preferred
- Background in dimensional, design or project engineering essential
- Comfortable with 3D modelling packages across NX and Solidworks
- Strong communications skills, able to liaise with internal and external customers effectively
- Candidates from tooling engineering background also encouraged to apply
Salary from £35,000 - £45,000 DOE
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80966098