Proposition & Product Analyst
Customer Propositions and Digital Strategy aim to enhance the value of our customer’s relationship with Phoenix. It manages the life-company Brands and defines and owns the standards for how we communicate with our customers. It also manages customer care teams in each of our outsourcers and implements direct marketing campaigns with carefully selected affinity partners to enhance our relationships with our customers. The team is also responsible for the manufacturing of products that are open to new business, this includes life propositions that are distributed by SunLife, and reviewing the charging bases of applicable products to ensure that our charges remain both fair and profitable.
Are you looking for a varied & broad opportunity within Customer Proposition? An exciting opportunity has become available within the Customer Proposition & Digital Strategy team, to support the design, management and review of open to new business propositions manufactured by Phoenix. Reporting into the Propositions Manager, you will have autonomy in shaping the Product and Relationship Management, using market comparison & insight tools, working with a number of key stakeholders within the product manufacturing process.
Other responsibilities include:
- To support, and on some projects lead, the development of propositions which champion the customer and deliver value to both customer and the Phoenix group. This will involve driving, managing and facilitating key relationships with stakeholder across the Phoenix Life business, as well as outsource and distribution partners, to ensure the successful execution and delivery of propositions.
- Support the development and testing of the Phoenix Product Development Process.
- Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of relevant markets and competitor propositions, strategy and pricing activity. Owning responsibility for providing analysis and communicating changes to the business.
- As a Subject Matter Expert, provide product related support to project activity, including transformation initiatives.
- Draft and manage sign off of annual product review of Phoenix manufactured products that are open to new business, including literature & communications, ensuring they are relevant & competitive in the market.
- Understand the financial metrics for relevant propositions, working with pricing teams to ensure that key profit drivers have been identified and any proposed implementations enhance customer outcomes and/or commercial performance.
- Complete all specification requirements covering the product and servicing expectations of Phoenix and ensure that all Conduct Risk, TCF and Regulatory requirements are met.
What we’re looking for
- Good understanding and experience in the Financial Services sector, its products and regulatory environment.
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills. Able to take data/information and turn into recommendations supported by sound reasoning.
- Strong planning and organisational skills – able to work well under pressure, balancing multiple priorities and preparing a quality output under tight deadlines.
- Results orientated, able to overcome adversity and a drive to deliver
- A track record in working in collaboration with key functions such as product, sales channels, creative, marketing campaigns, compliance and legal.
- A commercial mind-set, complemented by a strong customer focus and understanding of TCF principles.
Please note that this role requires regular travel to our Bristol site.
We value our employees highly and have been Britain's Top Employer for the last six consecutive years and are a member of the FTSE 250 index. We put people first in everything we do and are always looking for new professionals to join our talented team. Our funds are closed, enabling us to focus on areas that other businesses can't. This means that, among the many benefits of working at Phoenix, our staff can enjoy exposure to a diverse workload not found elsewhere. Our amazing facilities at Wythall offer free lunches at our onsite restaurant, nature trail walk, putting green, free car parking, subsidised onsite sport facilities including gym, football & cricket pitches, tennis courts, excellent rewards schemes…we could go on! We're proud of what we do, and we've recently gained recognition for our distinctive business model. We offer excellent training opportunities, career development and company culture.
Closing date: Midnight, Tuesday 24th April 2018.