Logistics Transport Operative
I am recruiting for an experienced Transport Operative based on the Birmingham Business Park who has extensive experience within the logistics sector. My client is offering a salary of up to £23000.
My client is internationally based and deal with time critical road and air logistics, primarily within the automotive industry. They are a company who are contactable and trade 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Dealing with time critical requests for transportation of automotive parts globally via air and road. You will receive email from customers and have a 15 minute SLA to respond with a quote for the transportation; once job has been confirmed you will then load the job on the internal system and deal with the booking of the transportation.
- Organising transport and logistics by road & air globally in an efficient and effective manner, including the monitoring of job progress and giving/receiving customer updates.
- Meeting client requirements within budgetary and operational restrictions to ensure a suitable profit for the company is made.
- Building strong, productive relationships with clients to ensure business objectives are achieved.
- Other key responsibilities will include client liaison, administration, monitoring, quoting, project management and business development.
- Logistics knowledge and experience, preferably within a time critical environment
- Previous experience working as a transport operative
- Ability to speak Polish, Czech or Romanian would be beneficial but not essential
- Must be organised to be able to manage a large and very diverse workload
- You will possess effective communication skills in both English and Polish or Romanian
- Self- motivated and able to work both individually and as part of a team with minimum supervision
- A full appreciation of the value of co-operation, both internationally and within a team environment
- You will have excellent time management skills
- Be responsible and accountable for meeting deadlines.
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU MATCH THE ABOVE PERSON SPECIFICATION***
Monday - Friday 7.30AM - 5PM
***Please note there will be 1 in 6 weekends (close of business Friday - Monday AM) where you will be on call with a phone at home for customer service queries***
Salary and Benefits
- Salary - £21000-£23000 dependant on experience
- 20 days holiday per annum plus declared public holidays
- Car parking
- Eyecare voucher
Does this sound like your ideal job?
If you are and interested in this position I AM KEEN TO HEAR FROM YOU please send your cv and follow up with a call 0121 6333888.
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours your cv has not been selected***
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80966269