IT Software Developer
This role is to develop, implement and support business system solutions in response to business requirements for this legal client. You will work on a mixture of application foundations, some with a more SQL Server database slant, others more focused on ASP.Net and VB.Net for this legal client.
This Birmingham based client is a leading law firm that combines creativity, commerciality and clarity across sectors such as, but not limited to: energy, education, banking and financial services, health-care and advanced manufacturing.
The successful IT Software Developer will be responsible for:
- requiring analysis to gain an understanding of business needs to develop level of effort estimates, software design and development, unit testing.
- Developing reliable, innovative and scalable technology solutions to meet organisational needs and process improvements.
- Managing development items to closure within time, cost and quality constraints.
- Translating user requirements into detailed design specifications to deliver effective solutions in an agile environment.
- Creating and maintaining application documentation including: Technical Specifications, Knowledge Base/ Know How Articles and other project artefacts as required.
- Being capable of understanding and contributing to the technical solutions from design through to solution implementation.
- Providing regular and effective progress updates to and working closely with the Development Team Leader to ensure the management of any delivery risks or issues.
- Defining delivery phases of the project including; activities, sub-activities and milestones ensuring these are well documented and used as the basis for the project event log, issues and risk log and subsequent reporting.
- Ensuring the awareness, involvement and support from the key stakeholders and participants by building strong client relationships and maintaining robust communication on the project status throughout its life cycle.
- Analysing user requirements.
- Evaluating, assessing and recommending software and hardware solutions.
- Developing software, architecture, specifications and interfaces.
- Developing user interfaces, client displays and management information.
- Developing, delivering and testing software prototypes.
- Initiating and driving major changes in programs, procedures and methodology.
- Collaborating with our software developers and professionals.
- Reporting to the IT Development Team Leader and / or team members concerning day-to-day progress and issues.
Additional duties will include:
- Ensuring internal compliance with ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 standards.
- Providing assistance in risk and best practice improvement projects.
The successful IT Software Developer who will be based in the Birmingham area will have:
- A minimum of 5 years previous experience in a similar role.
- A strong background in application development, with the desire to research and learn new skills and technologies as they become available.
- A practical knowledge of planning, executing and reporting on various forms of testing; including system or integration testing, performance and regression testing.
- A knowledge of a variety of software development approaches and methodologies.
- Experience in requirements capture, analysis techniques and process improvement approaches.
- Experience in producing software specifications.
- Knowledge of full software development life cycle.
- The ability to work on multiple development work streams concurrently.
- Previous knowledge and experience in managing stakeholders.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills , liaising with colleagues, stakeholders and third parties.
Would also be beneficial to have experience in:
- Responsive Web Design (such as bootstrap)
- Object Oriented approach
- Content Management Systems
- Workflow solutions
- Knowledge of Axxia product
- LINQ/Entity Framework
The salary that is on offer for the Birmingham based IT Software Developer is up to £37,000.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80968519