The role can either be based in a BU within any region or Group Purchasing and is responsible for supporting the Purchasing team in order to execute all operational aspects of the Procure to Pay activities.
Responsible for a small range of minor categories or suppliers.Main PurposeMore specifically, the role is responsible for the following:
- Receive Purchase requisitions from all Business Units and raising RFQ's on nominated suppliers for each component
- Working with Suppliers and Engineering with regards to drawing queries, ensuring any necessary drawing changes are actioned in line with expected timelines.
- Working with the buyers to analyse the Quotation Analysis Form to ensure the pricing quoted is correct.
- Raise Purchase Orders for each component in line with the cost target
- Raise Capital Sanction Requests on behalf of category buyers
- Raise tooling asset forms and communicate the same to suppliers via the tooling order
- Raise Purchasing Orders for tooling
- Agree the initial sample and production date with the supplier and feedback any conflict with regards to requested dates to the business unit.
- Progress the ISIR delivery with the supplier, ensuring any changes to agreed dates are communicated to the buyer and business unit
- Obtain completed tooling asset forms and any future supporting documentation to allow the category buyer to sign-off the suppliers tooling invoice
- Support the category buyers in the production of detailed information relating to component rejects relating to PPM.
- Ensure prompt approval of ISIR through the quality teams once received
- Communicate Engineering changes to the supplier base via the ECN system, ensure suppliers respond within agreed timelines and take necessary action to close out.
- Responsible for maintaining and ensuring the integrity of the price files
- Raise the Price Change Forms as and when required on behalf of the category buyers
- Ensure that debit notes are discussed with the supplier, price files corrected and debit notes cancelled
- Manage and maintain the monthly cost movement report to ensure that all PCF's raised within the month have been actioned on the system
- Prepare for negotiations for suppliers within minor category responsibility
- To send out and follow up communications to the supplier base with regards to business continuity plans, capacity questionnaires, and supplier code of conduct.
- Negotiation of Warranty Agreements within category responsibility
- To be responsible for all communication to Business Units with regards to the status of all P2P activities
- Be responsible for the production of a monthly AVOB report
- Manage the status report on a weekly basis on behalf of the category
- Produce and distribute purchasing data for the Category areas as requested.
- Support the production and/or development of documentation for Strategies, reports, trackers and toolbox.
Detailed understanding of Purchasing tools and processes including:
- Computer based programmes particularly Microsoft Excel, Word
- Basic Commercial Skills
- SAP preferable
Experience in the following is advantageous for this role:
- Working within a Matrix Organisation
Skills and Personal Qualities
The following skills are mandatory for this role:
- Good interpersonal skills
- High level of numeracy
- Attention to detail
- Hard Working
- Computer literate
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.