Manufacturing Engineering Manager - Machining
Manufacturing Engineering Manager
To GBP57,975 + extensive package
Are you a recognised expert in manufacturing & machining processes who can offer significant experience of managing new products into existing manufacturing process streams? This is a key leadership role within a Technical Services organisation, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the Manufacturing Operation and Product Groups by managing specific technical functions, supervising Manufacturing Engineering and support functions for current manufacturing processes, new process justification and implementation, machines, equipment, tooling, work standards, NC programming, gage planning and technical troubleshooting to provide the most efficient and economical manufacturing and assembly of quality products.
Leading a team of manufacturing engineers using computer aided design to provide work instructions and NC and robotic programs to the machining manufacturing operations team, you will also oversee facility layout, area allocations and related regulatory compliance. Other core responsibilities for this Manufacturing Engineering Manager post will include;
- Ensuring optimum use of equipment and space in support of changing production requirements.
- Coordinating release dates and availability of machines, equipment and material schedules to satisfy demand.
- Directly working with other teams and suppliers, requires that the successful candidate demonstrates skill in negotiation, building consensus and achieving compromise to agree project deliverables and milestones.
- Representing their function in key forums such as Design Reviews.
- Evaluating and promoting new manufacturing processes.
- Establishing standards and working with other teams to resolve problems related to process, tooling & equipment.
- Working jointly with marketing, engineering and customer services areas on concurrent product and process designs to ensure products and processes are of robust design and support economical production.
- Providing project management support for major systems and equipment installations.
- Managing new product introduction programs including coordination of product design, component processing and financial management to assure customer expectations are met whilst achieving functional and cost targets.
- Adhering to established standards, policies and practices relating to quality, cost reduction, safety, ergonomics and affirmative action.
- Identifying & implementing training, development and motivation for a staff capable of completing objectives and implementing cost reduction projects, ensuring concurrent product and process design and meeting the requirements of the manufacturing process.
Key desires for this manufacturing Engineering Manager role will include;
- An Engineering, Technical or Science degree or relevant proven technical experience is essential.
- Extensive experience of engine component machining and manufacturing processes gained whilst working for an Engine Manufacturer or similar company.
- Excellent Analytical skills, able to interpret complex technical date and make recommendations.
- Previous experience using 3D modelling tools (Vis Mockup).
- Previous experience using project & programme management systems.
- A self-starter with strong technical leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate technical information effective.
If keen to learn more please don't hesitate to contact Grant Nisbet for more details.