Our Client who is a multi-award winning market leading company, specialising in Manufacturing and distribution of bitumen based products, have appointed Staffbase to recruit for the position of QHSE Manager to join the busy team in Tamworth.
Reporting to the Operations and Quality manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the company operates within and adheres to all relevant legislation surrounding HSE and applicable compliance procedures. Proving accurate guidance to the company on all Quality related matters and promote a positive culture and approach. Duties will include but a re not limited to the following: -
- Ability to undertake root cause analysis utilising Quality tools (8D, Ishikawa & 5Y).
- Analyse data & utilise KPI's to identify improvements in all areas of HSE, customer, supplier & internal performance.
- Mentor and facilitate activities through leading Kaizen teams to improve all aspects of QHSE.
- Manage the transition of suppliers towards PPAP for a successful certification/sign-off (PSW).
- Work with technical and purchasing in the setting of supplier acceptance criteria & trials
- Maintain the management systems, processes, and procedures that improve business operations in accordance with ISO 9001 & adherence to additional standards, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 & BBA
- Regularly communicate information on the QHSE Management System throughout the organisation, promoting QHSE & identifying continual process improvements
- Coordinate and facilitate internal, external & third-party audits & testing as required.
- Update the CMS (Customer Management System) & identify areas of non-conformance, chairing meetings with department heads to identify root cause & corrective actions.
- Communicate with all internal stakeholders to ensure clear & factual information is provided
- Ensure all activities within the compliance calendar and calibration programme are adhered
- Complete task based risk assessments - Mechanical, CoSHH, Fire and manual handling
- Participate in new product development project teams and manage Quality toll gates
The successful candidate must have a proven track record in a Quality/QHSE management role, with a diploma in Quality such as CMI or ILM or a certificate in management plus NEBOSH. You will also need the following: -
- Proven experience of managing suppliers within a manufacturing environment
- Experience in Quality tools such as 8D, FEMEA, Ishikawa, Root Cause, Kaizen/Six Sigma and 5Y
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO 9001 and adherence to additional standards, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and BBA
- Excellent communication and ability to produce high quality written reports and presentations
- Excellent IT skills, including window based software packages
- Highly analytical with proven ability to monitor compliance and quality, conduct audits and provide feedback and solutions to achieve deadlines and objectives
- Ability to interpret and apply legislation, codes of practice and guidance and to develop appropriate policies and procedures
- Encourage co-operation and build effective relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- Encourage open discussions to share opinions across all levels
- Monitor quality and compliance, regularly reviewing performance and encourage new ideas to better achieve service standards
- Have a real "Can do" attitude
Hours of work
Monday to Friday 0830 - 1700
Up to 29 days holiday, Pension, Private medical and Life cover and Denplan.