My client is a global leader in developing and producing high-quality, responsible packaging for a variety of food, beverage, pharmaceutical, medical-device, home- and personal-care and other products. They work with leading companies to protect their products and the people who rely on them, differentiate brands, and improve supply chains, through a range of flexible packaging, containers, cartons, closures and services. They have 35,000 people generate more than US$9 billion sales from 200+ locations in more than 40 countries.
Location: Amcor Flexibles Ledbury, Herefordshire.
Job title: Shift Engineer
Hours: 12-hour shifts (days and nights) average 42 hrs/week
Purpose of the Role:
To maintain and improve efficiency of the plant and equipment through completion of the PPM agenda to an agreed standard. To be able to respond to equipment breakdown in a timely and efficient manner.
- Completion of machine PPMs to the agreed schedule and standard
- Respond to breakdown repairs, working closely with the Team Leader on shift
- Document all work completed each shift
- Book out all parts and consumables as used
- Undertake training where required
- Participate in a risk assessment role across the site
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong electrical and mechanical skills is essential
- PLC and pneumatic knowledge would be advantageous
- At least 3 years' experience within a manufacturing environment
- Health & Safety Awareness
- Computer literate
- A Strong team player
- Time served apprentice to NVQ 3 in an engineering discipline.
If this sounds like you apply today for immediate consideration.
This vacancy is being advertised by flatraterecruiting, the UK's leading Online Recruitment Agency. At flatraterecruiting we work differently to most recruiters, every time you apply to one of our vacancies, your CV goes through to the hiring manager to review. The hiring manager will then make the decision on your application and contact you directly.
By applying you are giving your consent for us to process your application and pass on your details to our client for review for this vacancy only.