Residential Support Worker
Would you like to work for on of the UKs leading Care providers in Children's Services and Education? Would you like a role where you help to mould a child's future whilst helping to promote their independence? If the answer is yes then look no further!
This is a full time 39 hour per week, permanent position paying up to GBP16,500 plus GBP35 per sleep-in..
You will be working within a breath taking scenic rural setting in an environment that has been specifically adapted and beautifully decorated to ensure the warmest homely, therapeutic environment.
With the support of an experienced, passionate and knowledgeable Registered Manager, you will have the autonomy to develop your knowledge and skills set along with the ability to progress your career with access to QCF level 3 & 5 in children & young people.
Responsibilities of the Support Worker:
- To be supportive, respectful, non-judgmental and patient at all times.
- To be able to demonstrate empathy and understanding to behavior that challenge during high levels of anxiety.
- To act in a parental role to in still stability and consistently to offer a secure an safe environment for the children to begin rehabilitation along with being able to establish firm and fair boundaries.
- The ability to work as part of a team with strong communication skills.
- Promoting the importance of participation in education, social activities, maintaining relationships with friends and family.
- Liaising with external health care professionals including social services, GP's & therapists.
- To support the children to maintain safe contact with family to improve relationships and promote reunification plans along side social workers.
- Ensure all duties are completed on a daily basis to the highest of standards.
- To ensure all paperwork is completed to ofsted regulations.
Person Specification for the Support Worker:
- Due to the location of the residential setting and the amount of social activities a clean driving licence is essential.
- Flexibility to work shift patterns.
- Aged 23 and over.
- NVQ level 3 in Children & Young People preferred.
Additional information for the Support Worker:
- Access to QCF level 3 & 5 in children and Young people.
- 25 days Holiday + 8 days bank holiday.
- Immediate entry into the company Pension Scheme with company contribution.
- SMART Childcare Vouchers - A tax efficient salary sacrifice scheme with vouchers paid for reducing your gross salary.
- Just drive scheme - A salary sacrifice scheme that delivers you a brand new car (insured, fully serviced and maintained) while saving Tax & National Insurance on your monthly payments.
- Benefits for you - Over 8,000 retailers to choose from, offering a wide range of discounts, high street vouchers and gift cards, online vouchers and cashback offers.
- Within the healthcare division, enhanced Maternity pay in line with NHS.
Don't miss out on being rewarded with amazing job satisfaction and feeling part of a community. This leading healthcare provider based in Nr. Ludlow, Shropshireis passionate about offering the best service to both staff and clients. So apply today!
If this exciting opportunity is of interest to yourself please apply immediately or call the permanent recruitment team on , alternatively email your CV to