Assurance - Midlands - External Audit Manager - FS/Banking
This role can be based at either the Birmingham or Milton Keynes offices.
About the team
Following success in the marketplace and a number of high profile moves into the region from key clients, we are looking to grow our financial services team in the Midlands. Our financial services team in the Midlands is located predominantly in our Birmingham and Milton Keynes offices and we boast brand defining clients across both the banking and insurance sectors, making PwC in the Midlands an excellent place to build a financial services career. The local FS market is growing so offers an excellent opportunities for a personal growth and development at an exciting time of change in the industry.
We are looking for individuals to join the team with experience in either banking or insurance financial audit. Experience of auditing in a PCAOB environment is preferred for those looking to specialise in banking.
There are requirements to be personally independent of the key clients of the office in order to work on these engagements.
In this position you will have a key management role on Assurance assignments where you will utilise and further develop your knowledge and skills. You will gain exposure to working with high profile clients and a wide range of work including external audit, internal audit and financial due diligence. In addition you will also be involved with training, managing and appraising staff.
Our Assurance services, including external and internal audit, use the latest technology and off shore delivery centres, to reduce the level of manual testing required by our teams in the UK, ensuring our people focus on the most valuable areas of client service.
We have a diverse client base and work as a diverse team, welcoming people from a range of backgrounds. We are an inclusive organisation who celebrates difference.
About the role
The role will incorporate:
- A portfolio of external audit clients where you will be responsible for the day to day management, client liaison and technical issues management.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with existing clients of the firm, understanding opportunities to assist with their issues.
- Reporting directly to the Assurance Partner and Director and having a number of direct team members report to you.
- Responsibility for the coaching and development of the team members reporting directly into you taking responsibility for the career development of others.
- Assisting with managing the staffing of the job, the financial performance and ensuring that key deadlines are met.
- Business development activities such as building relationships with target clients or involvement in pitch situations.
- We are able to offer some flexibility in the role around those of the other managers on the team and can ensure that the role is suitable to your particular strengths.
Essential skills and experience
As a Manager within the Midlands region you'd be required to:
- Be ACA or similarly qualified
- Have industry experience within Financial Services, Insurance or Banking
- Have experience of management of the audit from planning to supervision and review of the process
- Have flexibility in your approach to meeting goals as part of the team
- Have the ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels
- Have a proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships
- Take a proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions
- You will have experience of interacting with senior level clients and management to develop and maintain business relationships. Experience of IFRS, UK GAAP (including FRS 101/102) and international standards on auditing would be required.
Birmingham, Milton Keynes
Assurance is a dynamic place to be right now, and the variety of opportunities on offer is unprecedented. It's work that really does matter. It matters for businesses, governments and society at large. Our team provides confidence on the most complex decisions companies have to take and this provides a wealth of opportunities to everyone who joins us and works with us.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.