Distribution area Manager
To lead the onsite teams within a distribution environment to deliver a day to day service within budgets that meets specifications and standards and exceeds the customer’s expectations.
- To demonstrate the TC values and lead by example at all times.
- To carry out structured site visits that ensure specifications are met and customer expectations are positively managed.
- To build an honest and open working relationship with the customer that encourages partnership and effective resolution of issues.
- To ensure effective team-working through structured meeting disciplines allowing for business reviews and clear communication cascades.
- To coach, develop and mentor Distribution staff to deliver brilliant standards.
- To manage and deliver the weekly hours budget.
- To review business measures and KPI data and communicate trends and themes to help inform senior management decision making.
- To support and coach staff to find solutions to employee issues
- To ensure on site teams understand their roles, responsibilities and what is expected of them.
- To review audits and take the necessary actions to turnaround underperforming areas. Where required, complete and upload the audit in accordance with Company policy.
- To complete and submit all necessary paperwork accurately and on time ensuring sign off where required of completed tasks.
- To ensure the on-site teams have sufficient working equipment, machinery and product to deliver their roles brilliantly well.
- To provide cover and support within the region as required.
- To deliver continuous improvement by sharing learning and best practice across the staff and Managers in a structured and coaching environment.
- To be the custodian of the TC brand and ensure this is reflected in the image and appearance of all team members.
- To recruit internal and external positions and provide endorsement for site recruitment ensuring adherence to TC recruitment processes and standards.
- To ensure staff are trained in and adhere to all necessary legal compliance
- To carry out quarterly performance reviews with distribution Managers
- To identify ways to motivate staff and increase employee loyalty
- To identify internal potential and develop talent
- To adhere to all company processes, policies and procedures
- Customers - staff, managers (on site and regional)
- Distribution Operatives
- Field Management Team
- Head office payroll
- Weekly hours budget
- Accountable for on-site cleaning teams
Behavioural Competencies: -
Work Level 3
- Ensures own work supports the business strategy
- Uses initiative to overcome obstacles
- Is proactive and uses contingency plans when appropriate and necessary
- Initiates own personal development goals
- Improves performance by setting and reviewing standards
- Motivates others
- Coaches others to ensure they meet their objectives
- Addresses performance issues quickly and constructively
- Maintains and develops customer relationships
- Makes decisions based on the impact to ongoing customer relationships
- Overcomes obstacles to achieve customer expectations within own role accountabilities
- Takes account of customers’ needs when prioritising and adapts accordingly
- Acts on feedback received accordingly
- Builds respectful and professional working relationships
- Takes part and encourages team working
- Works effectively across different regions and departments
- Is sensitive to the needs of others
- Shares best practice throughout whole team
- Celebrates team/individual success
- Expresses own opinions diplomatically choosing the right environment and appropriate time
- Is able to negotiate with and influence peers/colleagues using logical argument
- Adapts communication style/language to a situation/audience
- Acknowledges the values and options of others in conversations
- Produces quality written communication - clear, concise.
- Responds flexibly and quickly to changing circumstances
- Proactively seeks ideas used successfully elsewhere
- Proposes and develops new methods and approaches
- Support others through change
Role Requirements: Detail qualifications and experience needed to perform in the role
- Previous customer service delivery experience
- Previous experience of managing a distribution team
- Remote management experience
- Sound knowledge of Health and Safety and COSHH legislation
- Must have a distribution background
- Worked within Distribution environment
- To have responsibility for the Health, Safety and Welfare of self and others and to comply at all times with the requirements of Health and Safety Regulations.
- To ensure confidentiality at all times, only releasing confidential information obtained during the course of employment to those acting in an official capacity.
- To comply with the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
- To comply with the company’s policies on equal opportunities.