Purchasing Administrator urgently required to join a busy, established purchasing team of 3 based in Tamworth, B77 on a permanent full time 40 hour a week basis.
The successful Purchasing Administrator, will in time and following training; research, evaluate and purchase products/services to resell to our corporate clients or use internally for everyday operations. With the ability to grow strong supplier and customer relationships, in time and with training, you will be responsible for carrying out a range of daily purchasing tasks.
The successful Purchasing Administrator will enjoy a day that, after training, will enable you to:
- Use a service management system to generate purchase and sale orders
- Liaise with network and field engineers to determine parts or products required to resolve a customer fault/request
- Independently specify and purchase goods and services required for internal and customer use
- Help the purchasing supervisor and Manager in working to a monthly support budget
- Produce quotations for our customer base
- Help the sales team with enquires for pricing and also processing of the teams purchase orders
- Obtain the best price and availability option on all products/services purchased using a RFQ process
- Retrieve courier details from suppliers to obtain “proof of delivery” to ensure items are delivered within the requested time frame
- Help with maintaining accurate stock figures, to include GRN’s for direct delivered items
- Help to maintain a renewals database
- Place contracts with third parties, where SLA’s and contract terms and conditions are monitored and within time learn to negotiate with third parties
- Help to process supplier returns and maintain an up to date none conformance system to adhere to ISO9001
- Upon the occasion that incumbent reception support , is for example on annual leave or are taken sick, you will also answer the telephone, passing calls through the relevant teams and taking messages where appropriate
- Upon the occasion that incumbent reception support , is for example on annual leave or are taken sick, you will meet and greet site visitors, advising of their arrival and providing the appropriate hospitality
- On a daily basis and alongside other team members in the morning and at lunch, you will be responsible for emptying / loading the dishwasher last thing before you leave for the day
Personally you will be:
- A proactive problem solver with strong technical and customer facing ability
- An effective communicator, one that is confident in their own ability
- A keen eye for detail and committed to getting the best results first time
- Dedicated and focused
- Well-spoken and presented
- Strong time management and work output skills
- A Logical thinker
- Organised and methodical in approach
- Engaging and able to work as part of a team
- A people person
- Mature and calm in approach
- Respectful of other’s opinions
You should possess at least GCSE Maths, English and IT at c grade or above and ideally have taken a BTEC in Business Administration or IT. You will also ideally possess at least 18 month Purchasing Support / Administration experience and perhaps be looking to take purchasing qualifications in the future.
If you are searching for a career rather than a job, if you want to develop continually through variety and if you want to join a team of fun loving but dedicated team members that share outside activities such a staff days out, fitness, music and charity events then we are the company for you.
Established in 1988, delivering first class IT support services and consultancy to the corporate market, we are market leading with our independently verified ISO 9001: 2008 and ISO 27001: 2013 certification. With a dedicated Talent Management team, you really will be in a safe pair of caring hands if you are successful in securing a role here with us.
This role is based in Tamworth but is commutable from Dotshill, Kingsbury, Lichfield, Coventry, Coleshill, Atherstone, Nuneaton, Burton-upon-Trent, Derby, Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham, Solihull, West Midlands or Warwickshire
Key Skills: Purchasing, buying, customer services, negotiation skills, confidence when dealing with people over the telephone, independence, keen eye for detail
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960530301