Senior Quantity Surveyor
Job Title: Senior Quantity Surveyor
Work Steam & Sector: Retail, Office and Hospitality Fit-out Sector
Why are they advertising?
Due to organic growth, and an increased work volume, our client are seeking to appoint a Quantity Surveyor into their Fit-out division.
A SME with a long standing Blue chip retail clients. Who value themselves on being divers, working as a team and valuing every member of the team regardless of job role.
You will be working within a dynamic team of Project and Commercial Staff. You will be expected to:
- Attendance to scoping/survey meetings.
- Liaison with Client Project Quantity Surveyor/Cost Manager.
- Subcontractor enquiries.
- Subcontractor cost analysis.
- Provide support to Commercial Manager.
- Placing of Subcontractor orders.
- Provide support to delivery teams.
- Preparing budget costings, bills of quantities.
- Capable of managing a number of projects at one time.
- Commercial reporting.
- Undertaking valuations.
- Prepare/submit final accounts.
- Arranging payments to Subcontractors.
- Cash flow forecasting.
- Final accounting.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for all commercial & contractual functions, overseeing one or multiple Accounts.
- You will also enjoy working in a small team and being flexible on your role and responsibilties
- Responsibility for and assisting to develop and implement overall strategy, growth and profitability.
- A degree level qualification is preferred.
Typical Duties and Activities
- Resolving contractual and commercial problem
- Discovering areas that are not in-keeping with regulation practices
- Offering direction and instruction
- Risk assessment
- Reviewing and developing operational process flows
- Ensuring that all stakeholders understand and adhere to contractual obligations
- Ensuring that the financial aspects and impact of a contract are clear to all parties
- Overseeing financial KPIs
- Strong educational background
- Strong commercial awareness
- Strong Negotiator
- Good numeracy skills
- Being able to work with a team
- Strong analytically skills
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of relevant software
- Exemplary communication skills
- Client liaising
- High attention to detail
- High understanding of construction processes
- Strong contractual knowledge
- Ability to manage a team
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well estabilisted contractor that has been trading for over 15 years.
With the right attitude the opportunity for career progression and personal development is ample.
Just Click 'Apply Now' and / or send your CV to ********************************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960526613