Salesforce Technical Architect : Amsterdam, Netherlands
Salesforce Technical Architect : Amsterdam, Netherlands
We are looking for a SALESFORCE TECHNICAL ARCHITECT to manage the evolution of an advanced salesforce solution that will consolidate and support business throughout a global brand developing the next level of online, web, e-commerce retail consumer and commercial trading.
We are looking for a Salesforce Technical Architect to lead the design and mentor architectural development efforts of a world leader in online advertising and e-commerce Group’s centralised Salesforce platform.
In this position, you will play a key role as the Subject Matter Expert (SME), architectural designer for Salesforce.com and related applications where you will be designing and implementing an advanced Salesforce solution that will support multiple organizations.
NOTE that this advert targets UK workers all over the UK who might consider a career changing move to the iconic city of Amsterdam. Amsterdam is a major new IT hub with major UK and US companies setting up development centres. Couple this with a low tax threshold and a fantastic family infrastructure with quick travel links back to the UK and with Brexit on the horizon, it is worth a conversation with us about opportunities in Amsterdam for your next role.
You will be joining a team developing a centralised Salesforce platform for one of the world's leading online advertising and e-commerce Groups. This is an employer of choice and a "must have on CV" in a fantastic location and you will be working on one of the hottest and technically challenging new global salesforce projects with integration to world leading e-commerce and trading Java systems.
- Starting from business requirements, write and maintain technical documentation (Solution Design, Technical Design, Support and Architecture Diagrams and design blueprints) for Salesforce.com and interconnected applications
- Ability to conduct an analysis of business needs, including scheduling meetings, planning agendas, conferring with business line leaders, documenting and making verbal and written presentations
- Conduct internal audits to measure and assure adherence to established standards for: Software development, Application integration, Information system performance, Development and communication to stakeholders with corresponding documentation of activity performed
- Develop proof of concepts focused on Salesforce technology and 3rd party integrated solutions
- Mentor developers and team leaders whose support is needed to build and/or maintain the solution according to standards and best practices. Provide technical guidance to Salesforce product team.
- Work proactively to remove technical debt, security vulnerabilities and improve system uptime and performance
- Deep knowledge of data management including Data Capture, Segmentation Storage and security
- Plan and prioritise according to release schedule, ensure on-time successful delivery of key strategic objectives
- Take responsibility for regression and functional testing including devising and documenting test plans, creating test cases, establishing protocols and appropriate testing environments
- Maintain familiarity with other IT system/ business application capabilities and scope in order to make recommendations about potential integrations or functionality intersection points
- Extend our development resource through working coherently with offshore development teams
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or equivalent
- Proven Salesforce development experience including APEX, SOQL, and VisualForce
- Salesforce certification beneficial DEV 401 / DEV 501
- Understanding of relational databases required
- Excellent communication and analytical skills required
- Experience working with onshore & offshore development teams required
- Close attention to detail & the ability to work independently
- Substantial experience in writing and maintaining technical documentation (Solution Design, Technical Design, Support and Architecture Diagrams) for Salesforce.com and interconnected applications
- Proven ability to manage and resolve complex and ambiguous technical issues. Creativity & Critical Thinking. Excellent problem solving skills, able to research and understand an undocumented set up and application testing of developed functionality
- Ability to manage different tasks in a flexible context. Be able to multitask, commit to meeting targets with competing priorities and deadlines across multiple key stake holders
- Demonstrated experience in a highly customized Salesforce.com environment - administering and customizing Salesforce.com Platform essential; workflows, automation and integration
- Knowledge of the organisational structure and culture to help build relationships with key stakeholders, peers and user groups
- Capable of demonstrating a very sharp learning curve to become productive, enthusiastic and dependable quickly in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication, motivational and presentation skills, ability to collaborate with leadership team
- Detail & results oriented, takes the initiative and makes things happen in a fast paced go-live environment
- Ability to dissect business requirements and return high quality solutions that exceed expectations
- Experience working throughout SDLC including both Agile and Waterfall solution delivery methods
- Source code, control management incl. branching and merging via Git, Source Tree is beneficial
- Quality Assurance and Continuous Integration experience is highly desired
- A solid understanding of business processes
- International travel will be required
- - The company offers an extremely attractive and highly rewarding remuneration package including various bonus and stock schemes. On top of the competitive base of around €80,000 + a 10% BONUS. The position comes with a golden introduction of shares (not share options) in the business, worth up to $25,000, as well as a benefit package.
- - Note that we if you are not resident in The Netherlands, then you can apply to benefit from a 30% low tax threshold.
Telephone and VC interviews offered.
NOTE that Dutch language is NOT required.
NOTE that this is an onsite role in Amsterdam, Netherlands, working 9am to 6pm.
NO REMOTE working is permitted.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960534715