Engine Test Technician
SAIC Motor currently rank 41st on the Fortune Global 500 list and we are proud of sales volumes exceeding 6 million vehicles throughout 2017. With aggressive growth plans in place, we are increasing our global operations through the MG Brand and our Chinese domestic brand, Roewe.
Here in the UK we continue to invest heavily in our Technical Centre, which plays a critical role in the development of the global product portfolio. Due to new vehicle Programmes we are seeking an Engine Test Technician to join our Advanced Engines team in Birmingham.
You'll join a highly collaborative, experienced team and work closely alongside the Advanced Engines Senior Manager and Engineers in the Technical Centre to manage test, service, strip and reporting activities for a range of state of the art prototype engines.
Key responsibilities include:
You will Build/Rig/Test/Strip the complete range of SAIC Powertrain products to the required SMTC (SAIC Motor Technical Centre) standard.
- Operation of Powertrain test benches (fired and non-fired) in VPC according to required SMTC engineering standards.
- Preparation of the Powertrain elements of any test whether in vehicle or on a rig.
- Powertrain Test execution to agreed test plans and parameters.
- Ability to diagnose running/starting problems both in vehicle and on a Powertrain rig.
- Assist in the resolution of Mechanical and electrical issues relating to the Powertrain functionality (performance, calibration and durability) on all programmes.
- Support the post test strip and analysis process.
- Support any Powertrain test requirements overseas (particularly China although other locations may be necessary) as the business needs.
Suitable candidates should demonstrate the following:
- Extensive hands on experience of engine/transmissions mechanics, capable of performing the usual engine tasks such as adjustment of cam timing and measurement of compression ratio for example, as well as being familiar with the correct process by which to strip and rebuild an engine/transmission.
- Sound knowledge of the Gas exchange process in an internal combustion engineer (Gasoline and Diesel) is essential.
- Capable of interfacing with modern day vehicle electrical systems and is able to run diagnostic scripts, for engine and transmissions functions.
- Be confident in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and be capable of operating Excel macro’s to perform data analysis tasks.
- Enthusiastic, self motivated and determined to succeed with a keen sense of continuous improvement and professional development.
- Full clean driving licence,
- Flexible and prepared to work overseas as the business needs.
In return you'll receive excellent training, a great working environment, progression opportunities and a highly competitive package!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960529640