We are recruiting an excellent position for a Maintenance Supervisor at a market-leading Automotive Manufacturer based in Staffordshire. With significant growth on the horizon, this represents a great opportunity for candidates with electrical PLC knowledge, the ability to lead both preventative and reactive maintenance as well knowledge of working with automated equipment. The successful candidate can expect full autonomy and opportunities throughout.
Our client is a market-leading Automotive Manufacturer based in Staffordshire. With an international reach and sites across the UK this is a chance to join with a global business that is buoyant in the market with an ever-expanding order book. The successful candidate will have a chance to progress up the career ladder and have full autonomy in the role as a Maintenance Supervisor.
Reporting directly into the Maintenance Manager this role will be responsible for both mechanical and electrical maintenance on site.
- To plan and carry out & prioritise preventative maintenance in line with planning and customer requirements
- To agree the correct level of spare parts to be held and to ensure that the stock is kept at the agreed level and stored correctly
- Supervise the installation of all new machinery and equipment
- To prioritise corrective actions reported on Maintenance Request forms. Minimising lost time.
- To monitor and record all work completed, actual machine down time, parts used and problems encountered
- To constantly review the Preventative Maintenance Plans and feedback to the team
- To be responsible for the housekeeping in the maintenance work shop, stores and any equipment worked on by Maintenance personnel
- To ensure that the layout of new equipment/machinery and modified layouts of existing equipment/machinery will lend itself to ease of maintenance
- To suggest ways in which productivity might be improved, rejects reduced and down-time minimised
- Multi skilled maintenance experience is essential
- Siemens PLC knowledge
- Ability to both electrically and mechanically fault find
- Strong ability to engage and mentor others
- Preferably Automotive knowledge
£40k + benefits
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960532409