Java Development Architect, Amsterdam
A career changing permanent opportunity to join one of the world's leading E-commerce brands as a Java Development Architect, as a member of their online development team shaping the future of global commerce, shaping how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world and keeping them safe. This is a hands-on role hence the Architect must be prepared to do some development too.
This is a client of choice and a "must have on CV", with double digit growth year on year in a fantastic location.
Amsterdam is becoming one of the hottest cities for IT developments with major brands setting up development centres.
NOTE that this advert targets UK workers in the UK who might consider a career changing move to the iconic city of Amsterdam. Amsterdam is a major new IT hub with large brand UK and US companies setting up development centres. Couple this with a low tax threshold and a fantastic family infrastructure with quick travel links back to the UK and of course with BREXIT on the horizon, it might be worth a chat with us about opportunities in Amsterdam for your next role.
- You're passionate about technology and developing award winning scalable, maintainable and high performance software, managing teams and driving organizational and business innovation.
- Part of your brief will be to transition from product engineering to a full SAAS model that can be rolled out worldwide.
- You will be owner of a full end-to-end technology solution for E-commerce
- You will have end-to-end responsibility from inspiration to delivery
- You will be part of the technology management team interacting with peers globally
- Lead, coach, develop and inspire!
- You will be working with a team of senior developers to define, design and develop our platforms, technically leading major development applications/components used by internal and external customers.
- High quality development of applications that integrate with multiple Back End systems; high design and implementation knowledge; documentation of code and systems; support of production applications; and coordination of development tasks among team members
In summary you should have:
- An expert technologist who has vast experience in clean code, design patterns, code quality and Java open source technologies.
- Experience with architecting high volume, high quality, stable, scalable web systems and/or complex transaction Client Server systems.
- Experience in multi-threading development and performance tuning.
- A track record of building and developing high performing teams and attracting and developing technology real talent.
- Proven experience of delivering products in an Agile software engineering environment with good understanding of the processes, behaviours and technical methods used in a complex software environment.
- Worked in a role providing technical leadership ideally within an International environment.
- Ecommerce experience is preferable, as is Cloud/SAAS experience a major advantage.
The company offers an extremely attractive and highly rewarding remuneration package including various bonus and stock schemes. On top of the competitive base of around 90,000, the position comes with a bonus (circa 15%) and with share stock (real shares, not options) of $25,000.
On top of this there is a competitive benefit package including relocation for candidates moving to The Netherlands.
Note that if you are not resident in The Netherlands, then you can apply to benefit from a 30% low tax threshold.
Telephone and VC interviews offered.
NOTE that Dutch language is NOT required.
NOTE that this is an onsite role in Amsterdam, Netherlands, working 9am to 6pm.
NO REMOTE working is permitted.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960534748