Maintenance Manager - Machining & Manufacturing processes
Our client, based in Stafford with a globally recognised brand, has just made available a permanent opportunity for a Maintenance Manager - Machining & Manufacturing processes. The salary on offer is up to £60,000 per annum (dependant on experience), plus an excellent benefits package, including bonus and car cash allowance.
An opening has become available for an experienced maintenance professional to join the Technical Services team. This is an exciting opportunity to lead and develop the Technical Services maintenance team, & to support future projects and assignments that will make significant contributions to the business.
This is a leadership level role within the Technical Services organisation. The successful candidate will have experience of leading experienced manufacturing personnel, will be a recognised expert in the maintenance and improvement of manufacturing equipment and automation, and will have significant experience of managing production maintenance activities within existing manufacturing process streams, ensuring that a robust maintenance program is operated.
Key Responsibilities of the Maintenance Manager - Machining & Manufacturing processes
- Ensuring optimum availability of manufacturing, test and paint equipment and production facilities in support of changing production requirements utilising proactive planned maintenance and predictive techniques (condition monitoring, reliability-centred maintenance etc.).
- Coordinating release and availability of machines, equipment and facilities to enable scheduled maintenance activities to be completed.
- Directly working with other teams and suppliers, requires that the successful candidate demonstrates skill in negotiation, building consensus and achieving compromise to agree deliverables and milestones.
- Representing their function in key forums such as forums (such as quality reviews, production meetings, project teams, task force activities).
- Evaluating new manufacturing equipment and facilities to ensure maintainability
- Establishing standards and working with other teams to resolve problems related to process, tooling and equipment availability.
- Providing input and support for major systems and equipment installations.
- Implementation and development of modern manufacturing / lean manufacturing tools and techniques within the technical services maintenance function.
- Manning and equipment budget management to assure customer expectations are met whilst achieving functional and cost targets.
- Adhering to established standards, policies and practices relating to quality, cost reduction, safety, ergonomics and affirmative action.
- Identifying and implementing training, development and motivation for a staff capable of completing objectives and implementing facility efficiency improvement projects and meeting the requirements of the manufacturing process.
- Close management of external support services, optimising cost effectiveness, ensuring close contract control via detailed planning activities and monitoring and control of Key Performance Indicators (KPI's).
- Actively involved in decision making process.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable legislative requirements.
- Evaluate current and future manufacturing equipment and processes; perform needs analysis and initiate ideas for availability & efficiency improvements.
- Support and advise other engineers, managers, and customers.
- Contribute to the identification, analysis, and resolution of any issues and clearly communicate technical information to process partners.
- Perform analysis and initiate ideas using complex technical data.
- Develop and maintain a keen understanding of internal and external customers' needs.
Qualifications and Experience required for the Maintenance Manager - Machining & Manufacturing processes
- A self-starter with strong technical leadership skills
- An Engineering, Technical or Science degree or relevant experience
- Applicants MUST have extensive experience of machining and manufacturing processes gained whilst working for an industrial or manufacturing organisation
- Excellent Analytical skills, able to interpret complex technical date and make recommendations
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively at all levels within the business, as well as with customers and suppliers
- Decision making ability
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960531798