Head of Care - Extra Care
Head of Care
Baskeyfield House, Stoke on Trent
GBP22,232 per annum
37.5 hours per week - Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Why work for us?
Extra care services provide comfort, independence and peace of mind. Residents live independently, safe in the knowledge that support is available in their home should they need it. Spacious apartments with on-site communal facilities create an environment where residents can enjoy healthy, active, and independent lifestyles in their later years.
We are seeking a Head of Care to joing our management team in Baskeyfield House. The scheme consists of purpose-built, independent living apartments that are ideal for adults over 55 who need access to personalised care and support. Working in partnership with service commissioners and health providers and establishing a highly visible presence in the local community, you will set the standards for your team to deliver high quality Care and Support.
Click here to find out more about Baskeyfield House
The role of Head of Care will include:
- Carrying out assessment of clients needs
- Assisting with monitoring services, to ensure high quality, cost effective and value for money services to service users, in line with organisations policies and procedures
- Carrying out the recruitment, performance management and, training and development of quality staff
- Managing a team, ensuring CQC compliance is maintained
- Promoting safe working practices, identifying and reporting any hazards and faults and ensuring infection control procedures are carried out, in order to meet the requirements of Health and Safety
Skills and experiences:
- Previous management experience gained in care
- Excellent customer skills with a Care and Support background
- You will be a good communicator and be able to mentor staff
- Enthusiastic and flexible with a strong "can-do" attitude
- Strong organisational skills as well as functional literacy and numeracy
- CQC knowledge required
- Experience of Extra Care is desirable but is not essential
- IT Skills such as Word, Excel, and Outlook are an essential part of the role
- Knowledge of Cold Harbour would be preferred but not essential
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 28 days paid holiday (including public holidays) pro rata
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save on buying a new bike to cycle to work or on a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the full job profile click here
Closing Date: 30 April 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Home Care Limited, an exempt charity, is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.