FLT Driver- Counterbalance ( overt 5 Tonne ideal)
We are currently searching for an experienced, reliable and Safety conscientious FLT Driver with a current Counterbalance license to work on a full time permanent basis at our clients manufacturing site in Leominster.
A license to drive over 5 Tonne would be extremely advantageous.
Our client is a leading manufacturer of roof ,cladding and purlins for a diverse client base providing tailor made solutions and developing product ranges.
Reporting to the Yard Manager and Transport Manager.
Responsible for unloading of Lorries and receiving of goods adhering to all site health & safety regulations, ensuring safe and competent use of forklift truck.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring all Health & Safety is adhered to as per TPP policies and procedures
- Responsible for completing pre-operation safety checks daily and reporting all truck faults immediately
- Operate a FLT Counterbalance to a high standard and within all rules and regulations
- Unloading incoming deliveries and checking off products against delivery notes
- Loading vehicles as per load instructions
- Processing of goods in items and assisting with collections
- using radio frequency equipment to keep in touch with other staff
- Manually handling goods when necessary
- Stacking products safely in designated areas
- Order picking from an order sheet
- Ensure paperwork is accurately completed for delivery notes and stock control
- Maintain high quality standards of storage of finished product
- Communicating effectively and accurately with suppliers, clients and colleagues
- Work with colleagues to ensure the workplace environment is maintained to a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness.
Desired Skill set:
- Basic Numeracy and literacy
- Current Counterbalance License ( over 5 Tonne beneficial)
- High Levels of Health & Safety
- Strong communication skills, oral and written
Hours of Work:
Monday- Friday 6am-2pm ; 2pm-10pm Rotating shifts.