Senior Development Engineer
Senior role in the engineering and product development team. Working for a global manufacturer in Stoke.
A world class, family owned business. An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Development Engineer to join the product engineering department within a market leading global manufacturer, working on exciting and challenging NPI / NPD programmes.
Reporting to the Test and Development Manager, you will join a highly focused, passionate team, working principally on the most technologically advanced of the company's products. Leading test and development programmes to support new product introduction and sign-off.
- System specification, development and diagnosis. For example electrohydraulic suspension or CANbus control of powertrain.
- Creation of development test procedures and customer acceptance standards.
- Carrying out machine testing, on- and off-site where appropriate. This may include specific test facilities or real-world agricultural applications.
- Compilation of test and development reports.
- Problem analysis and the proposal of design solutions.
- Design, commissioning and operation of test rigs.
- Fitting, calibration and operation of instrumentation as required.
- Supervision and mentoring of junior colleagues.
- Liaison with internal/external customers/departments, as required during projects.
The ideal candidate should possess a Degree/HND in Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering, or have equivalent experience. A recognised professional registration (IEng, CEng) would be preferred. The candidates should be able to demonstrate enthusiasm, the ability to communicate and influence change, as well as having a recent proven track record and experience in a vehicle development role. Agricultural-based, off-road, military or commercial vehicle product development experience would be considered. The position requires a flexible, hands-on open minded approach, coupled with a focused team effort to meet demanding deadlines. Computer literacy is a must and a knowledge of relevant software packages would be seen as advantageous.
Excellent Salary plus benefits