We are seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to support product design, system integration and testing for one of the world's leading independent consultants of simulation and testing technology of powertrain systems. This will include calculations, drawings, documentation and graphical representations of installations, using 2D and 3D CAD software.
GBPCompetitive Salary + Pension + Life Assurance + Optional health insurance
Office based - Midlands - commutable from Kidderminster, Redditch, Worcester, Stourbridge, Wolverhampton, Birmingham, Telford, Hereford
Reporting to the Mechanical Engineering Manger the Design Engineer will become part of the Engineering / Operations team supporting UK customers and sub-contractor sites with engineering provisions.
- Educated in Mechanical Engineering to HND standard as a minimum.
- Our ideal candidate will be working towards or have achieved Chartered Engineer status
- Experience gained within the engine or automotive industry is of distinct advantage, as is experience of testing and powertrain technologies.
- You must be competent in the use of AutoCAD
- Knowledge of Solidworks is also advantageous
- A working knowledge of the machinery directive and CE marking process is required
- This position also requires experience in the design of machined components and complex fabrications.
- Prepare technical layout drawings for test facilities, assemblies and sub-assemblies.
- Support the bidding process and the fulfilment of contracts by producing mechanical designs, calculations, BOM's, specifications, drawings and test criteria.
- Provide technical support during the installation and commission of products.
- Be aware of, and comply with, all quality assurance and environmental procedures required during the mechanical design process.
- Develop and maintain successful relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Achieve a level of expertise in products and procedures and keep up to date with industry advances.
Apply in Confidence
To apply for the Mechanical Engineer job please forward your CV to Kayleigh Bradley, Senior Recruiter at Glen Callum Associates Ltd or call Kayleigh directly for a further chat on the job.
Kayleigh is an ethical IRP registered recruiter and will deal with your application in strict confidence. If your application is successful you will be contacted directly by Kayleigh and she will talk you through in detail the full company role and specifics.
Don't delay, we're hiring now, apply today!
JOB REF 2853KB
Glen Callum Associatesare a leading automotive and industrial recruitment agency for sales, operational and marketing positions. We have an impressive client base of market leading manufacturers and distributors and are dedicated in providing candidates with advice, support and assistance in their recruitment search. Our consultants have valuable senior sales, marketing and operational experience within organisations within the automotive and industrial industry, allowing us to share an empathy with both client and candidate alike.
By applying for this role you accept the Jobzooma terms and conditions (http://terms) and agree to receive email notification of other suitable jobs