Business Development Manager
Michel Page re proud to be in partnership with a UK Automotive business who are looking for a Business Development Manager to discover sales leads and turn them into profitable orders and support the sales department to represent technically and commercially my clients portfolio and brand.
Our client is a market leading automotive Teir 1 business who supply innovative technology into clients such as JLR. With over 8600 employees and a turn over of 1.4 billion worldwide they have a global presence and solid foundation within the industry. Due to growth and expansion within the UK they have a number of exciting opportunities.
Develop and maintain your expertise in my clients work costing and quotation processes
To develop and maintain a level of expertise appropriate to you role in my clients product portfolio and to appropriately hand over and support the order fulfilment processes
- To develop, maintain and use the my clients database of contacts required to gain market intelligence and sales lead.
- To actively pursue sales leads and to report to and co-ordinate with the sales management team as required.
- To create quotations and to negotiate contracts in compliance with your authority level or under direction as required.
To develop and maintain regular relations with potential, past and present customers.
- To comply with all Quality Assurance and Environmental Protection procedures pertinent to the sales process.
- To work proactively in the improvement of the products and processes, specifically to suggest methods by which the sales, negotiation and marketing processes can be made more effective
- To carry out any other duties as reasonably required commensurate with the nature of the job and level of responsibility.
Minimum of 5 year's experience in technical sales to the automotive or allied industries
- High level of negotiating, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Educated to HND level or higher
- Strong numerical skills
- Skilled user of the Microsoft office suite and generally IT literate
- Experience of Salesforce.com desirable
- Full UK valid Driving license
- Ability to travel internationally as required
Competitive basic, bonus, car + benefits.