Tool Room Bench Hand
To build, repair and maintain complex multi-stage progression press tools to fine tolerances, with the target of enabling them to run successfully “first-time” in a production environment utilising Bruderer high speed presses. The successful applicant will have experience of high volume, precision press toolmaking, utilising tungsten carbide modules, and can exhibit exceptional organisational skills.
* Building and developing new press tools – progression and single stage - feeding back into Designs to update and improve technical drawings and documentation.
* Producing new tools, repairs and maintenance to pre-determined standard times and estimates.
* Using recognised problem solving techniques to analyse tool problems.
* Strip and rebuild of tools for maintenance/ repair and re-grind.
* Organising logistics for Spares/ repairs.
* Analysis and actioning of tool problems in Production.
* Management of the tool tryout process.
* Mentoring of trainees and apprentices.
* Promoting and utilising the Company’s Health & Safety requirements.
* Championing the use of appropriate PPE.
* Promoting and striving to improve 5s Standards.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* Apprentice trained.
* Appropriate Craft or Technician Qualification.
* Flexible, adaptable and multi-skilled.
* Good communication, planning and scheduling skills.
* Attention to detail.
* Ability to read, translate and feedback technical information.
* Good numeracy and literacy skills.
* A “team” player.
* Ability to work successfully on own initiative.
* Previous Press toolmaking experience.
* Previous experience of working with Tungsten Carbide tooling.