Operational Risk Management Analyst
My client is looking for an experienced Operational Risk Management Analyst who is looking for a new role and a new challenge with a forward thinking, dynamic organisation. My client is a highly successful organisation in Telford, specialising in pensions, insurance and investments. The business is aiming to be the UK's leading company within this sector and want ambitious people to help them with this journey.
My client specialises in pensions, insurance and investments and is a highly respected name in this market. They have the aim to be the UK's leading provider in what they do, buying and administering closed books of business from other companies.
Operational Risk Management Role
The ORM Analyst will actively promote and participate in the implementation and oversight of the operational risk management framework across the business. The ORM Analyst will contribute to the provision of ongoing assurance that the risk management framework is designed and operating effectively and supports the business in meeting its obligations with regards to operational risk management, including regulatory requirements.
- Perform quality assurance and trend analysis on operational risk data to ensure business actions are appropriate and that records within systems demonstrate the management of these actions are both accurately and timely for all stakeholders
- Handle operational risk queries from the across the business providing support and advice
- Participate in risk reviews with Operational Risk Managers and recommend control improvements with business line management as appropriate
- Complete analysis of business management's own operational risk self-assessments to draw out gaps and inconsistencies
- Assist management with monthly and quarterly committee reporting requirements
- Develop and maintain good relationships with stakeholders around the business on an on-going basis
To be successful the ORM Analyst will need:
- Graduate ideally with a numerical degree
- Strong Numeracy skills
- Experience in one of the following areas:
- Operational Risk
- Internal Audit
- Strong Analysis skills
- A confident face to face communicator
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong Excel skills
- A team player
But most of all you will be looking for a long term career in Operational Risk and use this as a stepping stone to other roles with my client
If successful, the ORM Analyst will benefit from:
Excellent company benefits, including bonus schemes, 27 days holiday, overtime pay and financial support towards industry qualifications
Opportunities for career development
A salary between GBP27,000 to GBP34,000 dependant on experience
A central, commutable location in Telford with local shops and restaurants
This is an brilliant opportunity to progress your career with a continually growing company who aim to be a leader in their market. If you are a good communicator and problem-solver, with excellent analytical skills and meet our client's criteria I would be very interested in hearing from you.
Please contact me for a confidential discussion on or forward me a covering letter and your latest CV to