Passionate about working with children and families?
Looking for a new and rewarding childcare job?
Care Officer posts - 37 hours or 16 hours permanent with
the opportunity to undertake additional temporary hours if required.
Situated in the heart of the Brecon Beacons, Golwg y Bannau and Golwg y Gamlas are
specialist residential and short break homes welcoming children & young people with complex
physical and/or learning disabilities.
They provide a 52 week provision for children & young people with Autism Spectrum Disorders
and offer regular overnight stays on weekdays, weekends and during school holidays.
There are a number of Care Officer posts available for individuals who are passionate about
working with young people and their families to ensure they have the best possible support
The ideal candidate must-
• A qualified level 3 / diploma in HSC Children & Young People or a predecessor qualification
as stipulated by Social Care Wales. A willingness to undertake training and achieve the
qualification within one year of commencement of employment
• Minimum of 2 years' experience of working in residential / respite / Education provision
• Have experience of working with external agencies
Both homes offer a pleasant and supportive working environment and an excellent range of
• Annual Leave- 24 working days per annum. 28 days after five years' continuous employment
in local government (Pro-rata for part time)
• LGPS pension scheme
• Free confidential staff support service
• A full staff Induction and regular professional supervision and a commitment to your
professional development with opportunities to progress within the organisation
Please note Minimum age of Employment is 22 years old under National Minimum Standards
for Children's Homes