Section 12 Mental Health Assessors - GPS/ Consultant Psychiatrists
RT Consultancy are seeking to grow and expand our network of motivated and enthusiastic Doctors (GP's, Psychiatrists) who are interested and qualified to undertake Mental Health Assessments and Eligibility Assessments which form part of a MCA DoLS (Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards)
About the role
The successful professional will be expected to:
- Organise and book your own visits to fit around your current work.
- Suggest any conditions that might reduce the need for on-going deprivation of liberty, or lessen the impact of the deprivation on the relevant person
- Frame any conditions so that they apply to such matters that the managing authority can control (rather than general care planning)
- Discuss any conditions in advance of setting them with the managing authority, to ensure that the managing authority can comply
- Suggest a maximum length for which authorisation can be granted - this can be for up to a year, although many supervisory bodies are reluctant to authorise for such a long period (however, an authoriser can shorten the period from that suggested by the best interests assessor, but cannot lengthen it).
- Liaise with Best Interest Assessor to ensure continuity for service user
Benefits of the role
- Flexible/Autonomous working - ability to conduct assessments around existing work commitments.
- Additional earning potential
- Hugely rewarding as you help some of the most vulnerable people in society.
To be considered for this role you must:
- Completed training for deprivation of liberty mental health assessors provided by the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Be approved under section 12 of the Mental Health Act 1983, or be a registered medical practitioner with at least two years' post-registration experience in the diagnosis or treatment of medical disorder
- GMC and Defence Society Membership
- Be eligible to work in the UK.